Thursday, July 16, 2009

Leanne Marshall for Bluefly

I'm still in Project Runway withdrawal. I know it's coming back (on Lifetime. Weird.) soonish, but the Bravo replacement that I'm watching right now, The Fashion Show, just can't measure up. The Fashion Show is entertaining because the designers suck so badly, but Project Runway was great because the designers were actually, you know, good. One of my favorites was always Leanne Marshall, for her organic, sleek aesthetic and overall adorableness. It's taken forever, but her line for Bluefly is finally on sale online, and I rounded up my favorite pieces.

Sophie Tank, $110 at bluefly.com, Jasmine Cropped Jacket, $220 at bluefly.com, Carine Ribbon Detail Tunic, $98 at bluefly.com: This tank also comes in orange, but the off-white is so casually elegant. I love the balance of the deep scoop neck and swingy a-line body, and the pleating detail at the bust elevates the tank from basic to covetable. How cute would this be with a pair of tailored shorts and some killer heels. I'm not a fan of boleros at all, but there's something so effortlessly adorable about this one. The oversized collar is whismical against the cropped body of the jacket, and the short sleeves keep the boxy silhouette from looking frumpy. Plus, the way that the front cuts away at the waist is super-flattering. It's just such a fun, versatile piece! I'm not a tunic person, but if you're going to wear a tunic, wear this one. The proportions are spot-on, and the detail at the neckline is interesting and perfect for anyone with a small bust.


Cora Drape Detail Swing Dress, $248 at bluefly.com, Victrine Bubble Hem Dress, $275 at bluefly.com, Elanna Strapless Dress, $990 at bluefly.com: This pink dress intrigues me. The silhouette is really flattering, which is rare for an empire waist dress. I love the double sleeve with the exposed shoulder. It's practical, because you can actually wear a bra with it, but the draped bottom sleeve is so accidentally sexy. The white trim detail and swooping layers at the bust would be great for anyone with a small bust or anyone trying to balance out curvier hips. The intricate, organic pleating on this orange dress just screams Leanne to me. If you really want a piece that's recognizably by her, this is the one. I like it because it's fun and chic, but very polished at the same time. This last dress is my favorite by far (it def reminds me of the wedding dress she did at NY Fashion Week). $990 is pretty reasonable for a red carpet dress of this design caliber. The jewel-tone color is so flattering, the shape highlights the smallest part of the body and skims over any problem areas, sweetheart necklines are always amazing, and the cutaway, asymmetrical detail on the skirt makes what could have been a run of the mill dress a total show stopper.


Image Sources:
all images from bluefly.com

1 comment:

  1. You have awesome taste.! Thanks for sharing your favorite pieces from Leanne Marshall's BlueFly collection. I would like to have that carine ribbon detail tunic.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails