Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Victoria's Secret, Bikinis, and Sun Screen

I am white. Like pasty, pathetic, never see the sun white. But since I'm going to college in Massachusetts, where for some probably misguided reason I feel like the sun never shines, I want to work up a tan before I head back to college so I don't glow in the dark throughout the school year. Of course, I want to do it in a healthy way because skin care is not cool, so I'm stocking up on sun screen. I apply it 2-3 times a day, but since I'm in the sun all day I still end up getting burned, mainly because I'm an idiot. Every year I forget about this totally awesome sun screen, and by the time I remember it's always too late. That's right, I'm talking about Neutrogena Fresh Cooling Body Mist.

Neutrogena Fresh Cooling Sunblock Body Mist SPF 45, $9.99 at drugstore.com, Rx Suncare Faces SPF 50 Sunblock, $8.29 at drugstore.com: I'm so happy I found this stuff again. It's like ridiculously hard to track down, but it was on sale at my local Rite Aid (that's what I call fate). SPF 45 is high enough for me not to get burned, but not so high that I won't get any color. I love the formula of this stuff. It goes on evenly and not at all greasy, with a light floral scent. Plus, the cooling sensation is both noticeable and refreshing, and the spray bottle means you can cover all the awkward spots, like the middle of your back, and that you don't have to rub anything in! Win-win-win. That $10 bottle will last you probably 3-4 months, which is a pretty darn good deal in my opinion. Now, for my face I need something with no oils, no silicones, and no anything that could in any way, shape, or form attempt to clog my pores. This Rx sunscreen is actually the Rite Aid store brand (I was totally clueless) and given that, I was really impressed. It has no potentially break out inducing ingredients, the SPF is high enough for a marshmellow like me, and it rubs in easily without being even slightly greasy. If I didn't know better, I say it was high-end organic sun screen, not nine dollar generic brand.


Victoria's Secret Triangle Bikini Set, $19 down from $24 at victoriassecret.com: On a slightly random/unrelated note, I bought a bikini! Like a real, big girl bikini. If you know me and my freakish fear of beaches and, well, water, that's a big deal. I wanted something very classic and very basic, and what's more timeless than a black string bikini? Nothing. Plus, it was less than $20. It doesn't get much better than that. Here's the bikini I bought online from Victoria's Secret:


And here's the bikini I got (my kitchen counter is standing in for me as the bikini model). My first impression was that it was teensy. Like teeny weeny polka dot bikini status. I followed the size chart and my general Victoria's Secret sizing, and I bought a small. I'm usually a medium on bottom and a small/medium on top, but I think Victoria's Secret bottoms run big because the small fits me perfectly. As for the top, it's a little on the skimptastic side. Like one centimeter smaller and it would be headed back to the store. For some reason, I thought it would have more coverage on me than the Victoria's Secret model because, well, I'm not a Victoria's Secret model. Um, it doesn't. Full disclosure, I'm a 34C, and that is one tiny top. It's workable, but probably not wave/running/swimming proof at all. I put the orange in that pic for a size comparison. It's not a big orange. The cut on this bikini is pretty adorable. It's definitely sexy, but it doesn't come across as slutty at all. My one criticism would be that the top isn't really lined, so either go to the beach on a warm day or bring some bandaids.


Victoria's Secret Pink Smocked Racerback Dress, $19.99 down from $39.99 at victoriassecret.com: Also on sale at Victoria's Secret is this adorable little nightie. It satisifies all my hippie-tastic cravings, it's cute, it's comfy, and it's cheap. How can you go wrong?


Image Sources:
Neutrogena Sunblock: drugstore.com, Rx Suncare Sunblock: drugstore.com, Victoria's Secret Bikini: victoriassecret.com, Victoria's Secret dress: victoriassecret.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails