Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Trends That Need to Die

First off, I have to say that I'm all for trends. I'm not really a "trendy hipster" person, but I have nothing against them. They keep me entertained. That said, some trends just need to go. Namely, skinny jeans, and people wearing tights as pants.


Skinny Jeans
They are not flattering. Yes, the girl wearing them here looks fine, because she is a skinny minny (let's not even get into the fact that they're light pink) but on 99.999999% of the population, they are not doing anyone any favors. Just think about it. They're like a giant arrow pointing straight to your thighs. I don't know about you, but the thought of that makes me want to curl up into a ball and not leave the house for a week. Plus, they're so ubiquitous by now that they're boring. Passe. OVER. That's right. Skinny jeans are done. Especially colored skinny jeans. They were cute for a while, then they got all emo/trendy, and then guys started wearing them (I blame you, Pete Wentz), and now they need to go back home to the jeans heaven in the sky with all the mom jeans and the acid washed denim. What happened to bootcut? Wideleg? Significantly more flattering styles?

Tights as Pants. I know, I know, Shenae Grimes looks so happy! But let me just say it once. TIGHTS. ARE. NOT. PANTS. Wearing tights (or even leggings) under a long (as in covers your booty) tunic or a short dress is fine. But if you could wear your top as a normal short (i.e. with jeans, etc.) then it's NOT ok to just pull on a pair of tights and leave the house in that. I can see your butt. The entire world can see your cameltoe. Gross, but true. Tights are not pants. Tights will never be pants. If they were an acceptable substitute for pants, they would be called pants. End of story. And transparent lace tights with pirate boots? That's grounds for admittance to a mental institution. I assume that's where Shenae is headed off too. (The fact that she's carrying my purse, albeit bigger and shiner, while dressed like a pirate trannie, is not making me like her more).

Image Sources:
Pink skinnies: women's apparel
Shenae Grimes: justjared.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails