Thursday, January 29, 2009

On the Hunt for: Ballet Flats

So I'm going off to college soon (like in eight months...I might be planning ahead), and in the mean time I'm trying to assemble everything I could possibly need in terms of clothing. And I mean everything. In this process, I've realized that I own approxiatemely one pair of flats that aren't sandals or Keds. One. This is sad. So, I'm on the hunt for cute ballet flats, because while I'd like to pretend that I'll be spending all of college in fabulously chic heels, I know that's soooo far from realistic. This is me trying to be practical. You probably won't see that again for a while.

First off, we have these J. Crew ballet flats for $98. Their ballet flats are very basic, but pretty well made and timeless. I could have worn these flats ten years ago and I could be wearing them in five years, so they're definitely versatile. Plus I love, love, love the metallic gunmetal shade. Very me. :)


Maloles ballet flats, about $330. Very vibrant, very, very girly. They might be a little over the top, but they're really cute, and I think worn with a less girly outfit these could totally work. On the grand scale of buying practical (I hate that word) clothes for college, these are innappropriate, but for now I can dream.


DRU New York patent ballet flats: on sale for $69.99. Another pair of gunmetal grey flats. Interesting. These are like half off, so if anyone else is looking for flats, snap these up! I've heard really great things about this brand, which is always a plus. I love patent, I love grey, and I love the elastic ruching these have going on...hmmm...I may have to get these.


Bona Drag studded ballet flats: about $48. These are studded Capezio ballet flats, so they're not very padded, or probably very comfy for long periods of time, but they are soooo cute. I really want the black ones. The studs given the perfect edge to this typically girly shoe, and if they came in grey, I would have totally bought them already. I really like grey, if you couldn't tell.


And finally, the extremely covetable and extremely expensive holy grail of ballet flats.
Lanvin ballet flats: about $520.
These are just so fabulous I can't even come up with the words. But there is no way I'm ever going to get these, because even I can't justify spending over half a grand on ballet flats, and I can justify pretty much anything related to shopping. However, if these somehow ended up in my room on graduation day, I wouldn't complain.


Image Sources:
J. Crew Flats : jcrew.com
Maloles Flats: net-a-porter.com
DRU New York flats: piperlime.com
Bona Drag flats: bonadrag.com
Lanvin ballet flats: shopzoeonline.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails