Monday, January 19, 2009

Craving: Sunglasses

I know that it's winter (technically) in the rest of the world, but in LA we've defintely moved on to spring. Or maybe even summer. So while I'm a little bit sad I only had about three weeks to wear all my sweaters, it's time to start doing some warm weather shopping. And since it's always sunny in LA, I'm craving some hardcore sunglasses.
YSL Havana Sunglasses: These are the perfect old school glam, I have to hide from the paparazzi sunglasses. They're a little over the top, but the bigger the sunglasses are, the more of the sensitive skin around your eyes they protect. Sunglasses the size of grapefruit are totally legitimate.

Ray-Ban Aviators: Straight out of Top Gun. There's a reason that these have been around so long. Buy a pair these and you probably won't have to buy another pair of sunglasses for a decade. Unless you're like me and you tend to sit on and break your sunglasses. :(


Chloe Tamaris Aviators: A slightly more modern take on the aviator. I really like the boho/urban edge the leather detailing gives these aviators, and Rachel Bilson owns a pair, so...they are officially perfection. Two-tone Ray-Ban Wayfarers: Yes, Wayfarers are old news, I know. But I think that that trend has gone so far beyond its peak that it's safe to start wearing Wayfarers again. And this pink/purple version is one, totally adorable, and two, a refreshing take on a style classic. Plus, Way-farers are pretty universally flattering, so not only will you look chic, but you'll also look damn good.

Image Sources:
YSL Glasses:
shopbop.com
Ray-Ban Aviators: shopbop.com
Chloe Aviators: madisonlosangeles.com
Two-tone Wayfarers: net-a-porter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails