Thursday, January 15, 2009

Review: T3 Mini Flat Iron

I loves me this flat iron. First off, it's sparkly and pink. And second off, it's awesome. I have very thick, very coarse shoulder length hair that's 95% percent straight, but likes to flip out/pouf/air dry in funky ways. I resisted buying a flat iron for a really long time, partially because it just seemed like a lot of money, and partially because I didn't think it was worth it. But as my hair got shorter and shorter, I finally broke down and bought some random Revlon straightener from CVS. Big mistake. It kind of worked, but it fried my hair and took forever to get my hair the way I wanted it.

So I broke down again and bought this T3 Mini Flat Iron. It retails for $119 at Sephora, but I got mine off Ebay for about $60. I lost out on the warranty because Ebay isn't a licensed retailer, but I think if you factor in replacement and shipping/handling costs it doesn't really make a difference. Anyways, this iron heats up in about 30 seconds to a wide range of temperatures, from medium to super, super hot, so it's perfect for a wide range of hair textures. It only takes one pass to get my hair stick straight, and you can even curl with it (if you have mad skills. I'm still working on that). It cools down in about five minutes. I know it's travel size, but I think this is the perfect size for me because it's honestly not that small, and it gets the work done in under two minutes. I wouldn't recommend for people with extremely unruly, curly, or long hair, but for people like me, who just need to do minor touch ups, it's fab. The ceramic plates leave my hair super soft and shiny. I can't imagine how I survived without it. 10/10.

P.S. Always, always use heat-protective spray with any heat styling products. Even the nicest tools can damage your hair without it.

Image Source: sephora.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails