Thursday, January 29, 2009

Fashion Deja Vu

I know this happens in fashion, actually life, a lot, but do you ever notice when a "new" look appears surprisingly similar to one that was created anywhere from a few years to a few decades ago? I sure do. So I decided to put together a compliation of the ones that were the most striking to me.

First, the oh-so-obvious:



Angie was the first and the greatest. period. I understand copying an iconic image and all...but this is just overkill. Mind you, I adore Megan Fox and Diablo Cody, but I'm sure they could have thought of something a little more original. As for True Blood, I hear it sucks, so they kind of have an excuse.

Exhibit B: Marilyn Monroe.



What's with all the celebrity look-a-likes? I mean come on. For someone who's not even naturally blonde and had a nose job (and who's real name is Norma Jean Baker), why does our culture not realize that their epitome of beauty was the ultimate fake?! (Ok, that might have been a little harsh but it's not like she's going to come out of her grave and get me...On second thought, maybe I'll sleep with a light on.) What happened to all the other great beauties though? I mean Lauren Bacall, Veronica Lake, Katherine Hepburn, Ingrid Bergman, et al? I think that they were all much prettier and classier. But I'm ranting. Oh well, you'll get over it. But what's with all the celebrities who want to be just like her? I mean, they do realize she died sketchily, right? It looks like Lindsay Lohan has been headed down that road for a long time now, though. People are also really obssessed with saying that ScarJo looks exactly like Marilyn. Which is actually kind of true, but I still think everyone needs their own personal style. But the award has to go to Megan Fox, for making it twice on just this one post. She's known to be completely head-over-heels for the origianl blonde bombshell and has been caught reading like forty billion books about her. She even has a tattoo over her on her arm. Go figure.

Image Scources:
Angelina Jolie:
users.toel.net
Megan Fox:
filmofilia.com
True Blood:
comixology.com
Marilyn Monroe:
gallerym.com
Lindsay Lohan:
product-reviews.net
Scarlett Johannson:
friendcelebrityhairstyles.blogspot.com
Megan Fox:
infinitetattoos.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails