Monday, January 26, 2009

Review: Nars Galapagos Shadow

Nars Galapagos shadow is a deep, chocolate brown with fine gold shimmer. It applies smoothly and evenly, and lasts for a few hours without primer (not quite as long as MAC shadows, however). I've been meaning to try it with primer. This is definitely the shadow that I always mean to use but never get around to. It's really lovely color that works very well for soft smokey eyes, as it smudges quite well. And I love the Nars packaging. Adding a mirror is seriously so helpful! Sephora describes it as rich bronze with gold flecks. I wouldn't call it bronzy, but it is a warm toned brown. It retails for $22 for 0.07 oz of shadow. That's $314.26 for ounce. Damn. Just for comparison, a Mac shadow is $14.50 for .05 oz, so it's $290 an ounce. Huh. MAC shadows are cheaper, and I'd say better. Interesting....very interesting...

EDIT: I'm at a loss for words. I used this shadow this morning out of non-use guilt, and OMG it was horrible. I've never used it with primer before, and it went on streaky and uneven, didn't blend at all, and just looked horrible. So it looks great without primer, but ends up under my eyes a few hours, and it looks god awful with primer. I think I'll be sticking with MAC shadows from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails