Saturday, January 17, 2009

My Favorite Basic Eye

Like any other teenage girl, I love playing with crazy/sometimes over the top makeup, but on a daily basis I need something easy, low-key, and pretty to wear to school and the gym (basically the only two places I go). I've tried a lot of different looks, and here's the best one I've come up with so far. It's soft, and flattering, but still gives definition (and you can even skip mascara!).

Base: Urban Decay Primer Potion. I think I've already fawned over it, but seriously, it works.

Brush: Use Sephora Brand Professionnel Smudge Brush #14. If you buy one eye brush, buy this one. It's cheap, but high quality, and can apply powder/gel/cream liners or eyeshadows, blend shadows, smudge them into the crease, the list goes on.



Shadow: First apply a thin layer of Benefit Creaseless Shadow/Liner in RVSP, a sparkling champagne nude, over the entire lid (careful not to get it over the crease).

Then, starting at the outer corner of the eyelid, apply Mac Wedge Eyeshadow all the way to the middle of the eyelid. Application should be heaviest at the outer corner and get increasing lighter towards the middle of the lid, blending away into the cream shadow. This gives the eye some definition, but still looks very natural and school appropriate. I love wedge because it's a super versatile shadow. It's a light brown that works as a wash, in the crease, or to contour the eye.

Liner: Line the eyes with Urban Decay 24-7, very lightly on the bottom and smudged directly into the lash line on the top. The dark purple is softer and more flattering than black, but still gives defintion.Now, if you're a normal person and you wear mascara, finish with a coat of mascara. If you're a spaz like me, and can't find a mascara that doesn't give you racoon face, just skip it.

PS. I have finals all next week, so if posting is a little sparse, that's why. It's not because I caught yellow fever, became a Slovenian goatherd, or kidnapped Rob Pattinson and had to flee the country. But don't worry, I'll be back full force next Friday. --Megan

Image Sources:
Urban Decay Primer Potion: sephora.com
Mac Wedge: makeupalley.com
Benefit RVSP: sephora.com
Sephora Smudge Brush: sephora.com
Urban Decay 24-7 Liner in Rockstar: ragingrouge.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails