Sunday, January 25, 2009

So I'm About Four Months Early...

But I'm already planning what I want to wear to prom. Because I'm a planner, and because...well...it's fun. And if I'm going to have to show my children these photos some day, I only want to be slightly embarrassed. Not humiliated. I need a dress that's timeless and flattering, but also extremely versatile. I'm going to college soon, and I'm assuming that, while in college, I will be dirt broke because, well, I'll be dirt broke. So before I go off to college I'm trying to only buy clothes that are very, very versatile. I want clothes that I can wear multiple times, but accessorize so that I can create a bunch of different looks. Here are my top two choices. One is practical, and one is...definitely not.

My
dream dress: black Herve Leger tank dress, $730. Image Source: net-a-porter.com



















It's fabulous, and figure flattering, and I could wear it for years. Possibly decades because elastic stretches. :) It's freaking Herve Leger. I die. So it's definitely a good investment piece, just not one I can afford right now.

Here's my second option, AKA the dress I'll probably get. It's from J. Crew. I'm always consistently surprised with J. Crew's dresses. They're cute, chic, and relatively cheap, but extremely well made. This dress is only $225 (well, not only, but that's pretty decent for a prom dress), and I think once I shorten it 4-5 inches, it will be school-function appropriate, but also slightly sexy. I love the slight sweetheart neckline, and it has pockets! Totally convenient. It's also a great blank slate for whatever accesories I wear. I'm debating between getting it in black or navy, and I'm leaning towards navy. I'm really pale, so black is kind of harsh against my skin, and I have two or three black dresses, but no navy dresses.
Image Sources: jcrew.com











































I'm thinking of accessorizing them both with smoky eyes, grey metallic heels, slightly messy hair, and a statement necklace and ring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails