Monday, January 26, 2009

Inaugural Ball Take 2

I know I'm like a week late on this, but I loved, loved, loved Michelle Obama's Jason Wu gown for the Inaugural Ball. Yes, it was a little young and weddingy, but she looked AMAHZING, and that dress was just freaking fabulous. Plus it totally reaffirmed my choice of this Abaete, one-shouldered, white chiffon dress for graduation, because I have a feeling this one shouldered thing is going to stick around for a while now.
On a side note, I know Maud already did this, but I thought I'd share what I would have worn to the Inaugural Ball. The first two dresses, by Peter Som and J. Mendel I would have worn to the Youth Ball, and the last two dresses, by Andrew Gn and J. Mendel, to the regular Ball.

I think the first two are the perfect mix of flirty and fun, but also chic and tasteful, and I think the shorter length is a good fit for the slightly more relaxed nature of the youth ball. I mean, they had Miley Cyrus perform there, so I think I could get away with these.

The second two are a little more conversative and formal, obviously, but still fun. The hot pink in the first gown would be just enough of a statement if done with minimalist accessories, and the grecian J. Mendel dress is just so timeless but gorgeous.




And here are some of the accesories I would wear...





Image Sources:
Abaete Dress: style.com
Peter Som Dress: style.com
J. Mendel Dress: style.com
Andrew Gn Dress: style.com
J. Mendel Gown: style.com
Monica Vinader Ring: net-a-porter.com
Burberry Ring: net-a-porter.com
Marni Clutch: net-a-porter.com
Giles and Brother Necklace: net-a-porter.com
Lanvin Metallic Sandals: net-a-porter.com
Christian Louboutin Heels: saksfifthavenue.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails