Sunday, January 11, 2009

Street Style

When I get stuck in a style rut, or when I'm just not inspired by the fashion around me (aka all the time), I like to spend disgustingly large amounts of time on my fav street style websites: garance dore, the sartorialist, and jak & jill. Because for some reason people in other countries (and I'm counting NYC as it's own country because, face it, it totally is) are just chicer. Here are my latest inspirations:

The girl on the left has some crazy awesome layered necklaces, and I love the monochrome palette with the pops of raspberry. I love the girl on the right's hair, and that blazer/jean short combo is adorable and perfectly proportioned. I may have to go hunt down my denim shorties...



























The grey beanie is super cute and snuggly looking (now if I could just find one that didn't make my head look like an egg) and I NEED that cardigan. And that bag. Skye Stracke's grey coat/dress is like the perfect lazy-person clothing item. Put it over anything and you instantly look pulled-together AND warm. Perfection.



The red jacket is completely Balmain S/S 2009-esque, and I want it....I really like the way that girl wears it a little oversized, with slightly mussed hair. That cobalt blue coat is looking pretty nice next to my blah wardrobe palette right now.




Row 1: the sartorialist, the sartorialist
Row 2: jak & jill, jak & jill
Row 3: garance dore, garance dore

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails