Tuesday, August 31, 2010

If My Skin Liked Me, I Would...

I don't know if y'all have noticed, but I don't do much on skincare.  I do a lot on fashion and on beauty, just because I love them both, but skincare...ack.  My skin has never been predictable, or particularly nice to me, but it's finally started to be LESS evil.  So I'm sticking to my boring, basic skincare routine like freaking hot glue, but if my skin was nice to me (crazy thoughts) here are some of the fun skincare products I'd use.  This is also in the imaginary would where I have money to literally burn, FYI.

Kiehls Panthenol Protein Moisturizing Face Cream, $26 at kiehls.com, Kiehls Yerba Mate Tea Cleanser, $20.50 at kiehls.com, Rare Earth Pore Cleansing Masque, $23 at kiehls.com: I used to have this Kiehls moisturizer early on in high school, and I remember totally loving it.  Not sure why I didn't repurchase it...hm...It's extremely rich and moisturizing, and never broke me out.  Now I use the Cetaphil cream, which is basically a cheaper, slightly less moisturizing version of the same time, but I'll always have fond memories of this little tub.  I've never been a toner person, mainly because of scarring memories of that 'Seabreeze' toner when I was little (ACK), but this Yerba Mate toner sounds fab.  First off, it's full of tea.  I love tea.  Tea can never be bad.  It sounds like it would be a great thing to put under your moisturizer if you tend to get oily by the middle of the day, as tea has great oil-cutting properties.  I had a sample of this Rare Earth mask and totally loved it.  It has exfoliating particles in it that lift off dead skin cells, and then it's full of different sorts of clay, which drag all the gunk out of your pores.  It smells and looks a little nasty, but hey, it works.

Clarisonic Mia, $149 at sephora.com, MD Skincare Alpha Beta Peels, $78 at sephora.com: I want a Clarisonic.  I want one so freaking badly.  For those of you that don't stalk the Sephora website obsessively--what's that like? lol--Clarisonics are basically brushes for your face.  They use sonic pulses to get the gunk out of your pores, and the brush lifts off dead skin cells and exfoliates them away, leaves your skin super duper clean and baby smooth.  Plus, this one is portable, and pink, and cheaper than the original, which is always a plus.  Back before Retin-A Micro ruined my skin (no bitterness there), I was a huge, huge fan of acid.  Not that kind of acid, the alpha and beta acids you can use on your face.  They're like enzymes, in that they exfoliate deeply without any of the scrubbing motions that can irritate sensitive skin.  This little set is like a glycolic acid peel done slowly, over a month.  It disposes of acne and dark spots and makes your skin all pretty and happy. 

Caudalie Beauty Elixir, $46 at sephora.com, Peter Thomas Roth Radiance Oxygenating Serum, $65 at sephora.com: I think mists like this and Evian water are so silly, but they're also so fun and glam in a retro sort of way.  Can you imagine whipping that little bottle out of your purse on a hot day?  So refreshing, plus there are supposedly extracts and antioxidants that do nice things to your skin, so it's a win-win.  I'm not really sure what this Oxygenating serum is supposed to do, but adding oxygen to my skin sounds nice, and a serum sounds moisturizing, and it's Peter Thomas Roth, so it must be good.  It's also $65 for one ounce, so I'm assuming it's awesome and would make my face look like I spent all day taking baths in rose petals.  Or something along those lines.

Images from:
kiehls.com, kiehls.com, kiehls.com, sephora.com, sephora.com, sephora.com, sephora.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails