Thursday, August 5, 2010

Topshop and Fun With Photoshop

Hehe, I just got Photoshop to play with, so I thought I'd do some collage/outfit things and see how those went over.  They do make outfits much easier to visualize than listing the images one after another.  I'm seriously craving Topshop right now, so here's a little Topshop outfit.

All Topshop: Leather Biker jacket, $310 at topshop.com, Broderie Print Corset Dress, $70 at topshop.com, Round Pearl Locket Necklace, $28 at topshop.com, Leather Chain Handle Bag, $90 at topshop.com, Waspy Knotted Wedges, $135 at topshop.com




I know I've waxed poetic about Topshop before, but...it's so purdy.  I've only been to the store in NYC, but that was enough.  I'm in love.  It's like a slightly higher quality H&M with a consistent fashion perspective and a full range of makeup and accessories.  In honor of Topshop's English roots, I thought it would be fun to do an 'English rose' type sundress.  The combination of the delicate floral print and bustier top is the perfect mixture of girly and edgy.  For a fun amount of contrast, I'd put that biker jacket over it.  Topshop does FAB leather jackets, and I like the juxtaposition of the floral sundress against the hardcore jacket.  The pearl necklace adds a sweet vintage vibe, and helps balance out the aggressiveness of the leather jacket.  The black bag doesn't fight with the jacket, and the chain handle adds a subtle urban edge.  I'm totally loving chain handle bags with that shape right now--they're both very vintage feeling and very practical.  These wedges are so hot.  Topshop does really, really great shoes.  I'm having a serious wedge moment, and these totally fit the bill.  The coral-orange palette ties in with the pink florals on the dress, the suede adds a nice textural contrast, and the ankle straps and knotted toe are so lovely and feminine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails