Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Currently Craving

So I'm back from Hawaii, and currently moving into my college dorm room.  Woohoo!  I'll post some pics of the decorating when it's all completed.  Anyways, in the mean time, I put together some pretty, craveable things for a little inspiration.

Traced Twirls Dress, $158 at anthropologie.com, Garden District Dress, $298 at anthropologie.com, AG Stevie Cords, $158 at anthropologie.com: One of my favorite fall looks was the fit/flare '50s inspired dress from Louis Vuitton.  They're modest, sexy, retro, and surprisingly refreshing all at the same time.  And also very expensive.  For a cheaper alternative, try this Anthropologie dress.  It has the same silhouette, with the sweetheart/halter neckline, and the just below the knee length, a-line skirt.  I'd pair it with a pink or cobalt belt, for a fun pop of color.  It's hard to see the detail on that red dress in the picture, but it has adorable corset detailing on the sides.  I love it because the cut and print are all innocent, vintage inspired sundress, and then the corset and neckline detailing are all bad--S&M inspired edginess.  I don't think I've owned a pair of pants aside from jeans since middle school.  I'm just not a pants person.  But there's something about corduroys that appeals to me.  They're so collegiate, and I like how they have a suede-like texture.  I think they could be an interesting alternative to jeans, equally casual-chic, but just as comfy.

Paul & Joe Prasline Asymmetric Wool-Crepe Dress, $575 at net-a-porter.com, Elizabeth and James Belle du Jour Dress, $365 at net-a-porter.com, Alexander McQueen Cotton Gold Print T-Shirt, $320 at net-a-porter.com: I just realized that these next two pieces are cocktail dresses with bows at the neckline.  I guess that's the theme today?  I like them both because they contrast the typically girly, flouncy bow with a minimalist color palette and cut.  The Paul & Joe dress is a little more polished and retro, with it's one shoulder and shift-like cut, whereas the LBD is a little more modern and sexer, especially given it's bondage-esque back.  That LBD is really calling to me.  It's so ingenue meets femme fatal.  This last shirt is a sweet little tribute to McQueen.  It has some very British-seeing lions with a crown, and then the plaque in the middle that reads "the great Alexander."  It's a fitting memento to the iconic British designer.

Images from:
anthropologie.com, anthropologie.com, anthropologie.com, net-a-porter.com, net-a-porter.com, net-a-porter.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails