Monday, August 2, 2010

My Daily Face

That's such a creepy sounding title, but it's true.  I thought it would be fun to share with y'all the makeup that I've been wearing for the last few weeks.  I go through serious makeup cycles.  I used to be so into dark lids, all these greys and purples and browns, and now I'm a big fan of a pale, contoured lid and black gel liner.  Times change, I guess.  Anyways, I did shots of my eye makeup, face makeup, and my brushes.  I would have shots of my actual face, but I am terrible at taking pictures of myself and I totally forgot to attempt to do that this morning, so maybe next time.


Eye makeup:  Alright, starting with the copperish shadow on the bottom left: MAC Mythology, MAC Carbon, MAC Romp (that one's well loved), Stila Smudge Pot in Kitten, MUFE Aqua Cream Black Liner, MAC Pink Opal Pigment, MAC Vanilla Pigment, Anastasia Camille Pencil (discontinued), MAX Factor Waterproof Volume Couture Mascara (also discontinued), Rimmel Brow Pencil, MUFE Aqua Eyes Liner in 0L (black), and MAC Paint Pot in Painterly.  Wow.  I seem so high maintenance.  I swear, it takes less than ten minutes.  After I do my brows with the Rimmel pencil, I put Painterly across the lid and on the lower lashline, and then a sheer wash of Kitten across the lid.  You have to be careful with Kitten, it can be pretty and shimmery or insanely frosty if you apply it too heavily.  Then I do a light wash of Mythology on the lid, just for a hint of warm color.  I apply Romp in the crease and outer v, and blend it for soft definition.  I dab a bit of Pink Opal onto the center of the lid for warm sparkle, and then sweep a little of Vanilla onto the browbone and in the inner corner.  After that I smudge a little of Carbon onto the lower lashline, line my waterline with Aqua Eyes liner (the pencil) and do my upper lashline with Aqua Cream liner (the gel).  I like to start at the inner corner with the gel liner, and get thicker as I go across the lid, so that it's thickest at the outer corner.  I follow that up with a coat of the MAX Factor mascara, and sweep the Anastasia pencil under the eye to hid those nasty undereye circles.  Woohoo!  That's it.


Face makeup: This is much simpler.  Starting with the MAC foundation bottle: MAC Face & Body foundation in N1, MAC blush in Fun & Games, MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer in NW20, Maybelline Dream Matte Powder (which I do not recommend, but I'm just trying to finish), MAC Cream Color Base in Pearl, and Clinique Almost Powder SPF in Deep Honey.  I start with two layers of Face & Body foundation, and let that set for about a minute.  Then I use the Clinique foundation as a contour, and apply that under my cheekbones and chin, on the sides of my nose, and on my temples.  Don't ask me why I didn't just buy a matte bronzer to contour with.  It totally made sense at the time, and it does work, but it's not the best solution.  If my skin isn't too red that day, I'll pop a bit of Fun & Games on my cheeks.  I use the Studio Sculpt on all my blemishes, and dust a bit of Vanilla on the top of my cheekbones.  If I want a little extra sparkle, I'll use Pearl under Vanilla.  I set all that with the Dream Matte powder.



Brushes: I forgot to put that lipgloss up with the face makeup, but it's Bare Escentuals plumping lip gloss in Katie.  The brushes from left to right are: Sephora blending brush #29, Sephora smudge brush #14, Sephora angled liner brush #15, Sonia Kashuk for Target fluffy shadow brush, and my MAC 188 brush.  I'm really not a lip product person at all.  Usually I just wear Aquaphor or some Burt's Bees chapstick.  Lipstick annoys the heck out of me, because I like to do my makeup once and then not have to touch it, and with lipstick there's always the fear of it smudging, fading, bleeding, etc, etc, that makes me lose my mind.  I also think that a dramatic eye and dramatic lip are too much for daytime together, so I keep the lips simple.  If I'm feeling dressier, I throw on a pinky lip gloss like this one, which manages to have nice lasting power without being sticky--hate that hair caught in lip gloss effect.  As for the brushes, I use the blending brush for blending (crazy), the smudge brush for my lower lashline and for occasional smudging, the angled brush for gel liner, the fluffy brush for putting shadow on the lid, and the 188 for basically everything on my face.  It applies foundation, contour, highlight, and blush, and buffs out my concealer.  It's like the superhero of brushes.



So that's it.  To my friends I'm the crazy makeup girl, but I honestly feel like I'm really not THAT intense compared to a lot of people in the blogging world.  I don't look like I'm wearing a ton of makeup, aside from the black liner.  For me it's more about having fun with makeup.  I genuinely look forward to putting it on in the morning--not because I'm not comfortable with my face, but because, well why not play around with it a bit?  I'm not gonna put on lime green shadow any time soon, but it makes me so sad when I see girls struggle with a bit of eyeliner and call it a day.  Makeup shouldn't be scary or intimidating, it should be an experience, a chance to change or enhance the way people see you.  And that's my proof that you can (at least I definitely can) get sappy about makeup.  I'm that special.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails