Thursday, August 19, 2010

Is It Weird That I Want Avon?

If y'all haven't noticed, I've been scrambling around trying to find a good, cheap waterproof mascara for months now.  I want drugstore (at least in price) because I go through mascara relatively quickly, so I don't want to splurge on it.  Also, because all the high-end mascaras I've tried have sucked.  Badly.  And my favorite, now discontinued mascara of all time (Max Factor Volume Couture Waterproof), was drugstore.

So in my research (read: Makeupalley), I stumbled across this Avon mascara.  It's supposed to be waterproof, but easy to get off, non-clumping, natural looking, and generally awesome, AND only $6.50

All from Avon: Wash-Off Mascara, $6.50 at shop.avon.com, Grapefruit & Mint Moisturizing Lip Balm, $0.99 at shop.avon.com, Flavor Saves Lip Gloss, $0.99 at shop.avon.com: Here's the mascara.  It looks super promising, and when I run out of my Max Factor, I'll be purchasing it, especially since shipping is only $3.  Did you know that even though Avon has an online shop, you can still shop through Avon girls near you online?  You get a discount on shipping.  Woohoo!  So I started snooping around the Avon site (where you can also get the Mark products), and discovered these $1 lip balms.  They come in a wide range of formulas and flavors, like watermelon, cherry, strawberry, and grapefruit mint.  I love the slightly retro packaging, and the fact that they actually seem to work, according to the reviews.

Have any of you ever bought anything from Avon?  Either online or from an actual Avon lady?

Images from:
shop.avon.com, shop.avon.com, shop.avon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails