Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Review: Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder

I finally gave up on my Maybelline Dream Matte Powder.  I didn't really like it, but I was trying to just finish it up so I could move on, but...it sucked.  It really, really, really sucked.  It made my makeup look caky and did absolutely nothing to stop my skin from getting oily.  Gah.  So I did a little research, and decided to buy this Rimmel pressed powder. 

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder, $4.99 at ulta.com.  I got this for $1.50 with an Ulta coupon.  Yeah.  It was awesome.  Even for $5, you get a lot of product.  That disc is about the size of my whole palm, and there's no space wasted on mirrors or low quality brushes/sponges, it's just all product.


I got it in Sandstorm (004), which is a light, warm beige.  I opted for Sandstorm instead of Transparent, because I've been seeing a lot of my Youtube beauty gurus recommend setting liquid foundation with powder foundation.  And a little extra coverage never hurt anyone, right?  What I really, really love about this powder is that it is so finely milled.  It literally looks airbrushed when you apply it, it just sinks straight into your poreless for totally flawless coverage.  If you have nice skin, you could just wear this by itself.  I apply it through the T-zone with a fluffy powder brush, and it does a great job of setting my makeup and keeping the oilies at bay at least until noon.  With the Dream Matte powder, I'd be oily before I even left the house, which is hard because I have such dry skin.  But with the Rimmel powder, I stay nicely matte until lunchtime.  It doesn't last all day, but what $5 powder does?  Even at lunchtime, I'm just a little dewy, and not at all oil slick-like.  The slimness of the packaging makes it really easy to carry around with you for touch ups.

Awkward Chic rating: A.  I really love this.  It does its job, and what it promises to do, it's a great value, and it is so finely milled.  The only downsides to this are that it doesn't keep me matte all day (which I didn't expect, but in a dream world it would be nice), and it comes in a really limited range of shades that would work best for light skin tones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails