Thursday, August 5, 2010

Two Very Different Kinds of Pretty

Sephora.  Pretty.  Eyeshadow.  What else is there to say?


Givenchy Le Prisme Eyeshadow Quartet in Midnight Look, $56 at sephora.com, Tokidoki Pittura Brush Set, $35 at sephora.com: I'm sure y'all have noticed that I'm on the cheap side.  I have college student mentality burned into my brain.  Cheap, cheap, cheap.  But there are some things that make me want to spend money, like nice makeup.  Look at this Givenchy shadow quad.  You can just tell that it's great quality.  You get the same amount of product as you do with a NARS shadow duo, which is $24 cheaper.  However, having swatched both products, I can tell you that the Givenchy shadows are much more pigmented, finely milled, and easy to work with.  You get what you pay for.  And the colors.  Oh, the colors.  I love that they're neutral, but not boring.  I'd do the lightest color across the lid, a mixture of the two right colors in the crease, and that navy blue smudge along the lash line.  Drool.  Okay, so normally pieces like these Tokidoki brushes aren't to my taste.  They're very punky/cutesy/Gwen Stefani, and they're just SO DARN CUTE.  You get three brushes for $35, which is pretty decent.  The set has a fluffy shadow brush, angled liner brush, and crease brush, and I've gathered from the reviews on Sephora.com that the brush quality is very nice.  Wouldn't these just make you smile in the morning?  If you're looking for an affordable eye brush set, it's a good option.




Images from: sephora.com, sephora.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails