Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Mini Forever 21 Haul

Do you ever think you have too much of something, so you stop buying it, and then you turn around and realize that now you have none of said item?  For me, it's t-shirts.  I had a trillion tees, and I banned myself from getting any, and now I'm packing for school, and I have like five.  Problemo.  So I hit up Forever 21 today to grab some fun, versatile shirts that would work for going out and going to class.

Polished Beetle Ring, $4.80 at forever21.com: I couldn't resist this beetle/ladybug/insect ring.  It's a giant bug and it's SPARKLY and it belongs on my finger.  I love it.  It's really out there, and definitely makes a statement, but at the same time since it's all neutrals, it still has a bit of polish.  And it goes so nicely with the parrot ring I got a few months ago.  Hehe.

Here's Polly the parrot.  He and this ladybug both turn my fingers green, probably because they cost $4, but hey, it's a compromise.

Chain Trimmed Tank, about $14, Leopard Tank, $13.80 at forever21.com: I realized that all of the shirts I own are white, grey, black, and navy, so I tried really hard to get shirts in real colors.  Crazy, I know.  I still ended up with a white and a navy top.  Failface.  But I really do like this navy tank.  It has a similar cut/fit to the Kain pocket tanks, and it has a little braided detail around the neckline with chains woven in that's cute and a bit edgy.  I like it because I could wear it to class with a sweater, or I could wear it out with a cute little skirt.  This leopard tank came out really grey in the picture, it's actually a warm olive/army green.  To be honest, I kinda love it because it's leopard, but the slightly oversized cut and pretty green hue definitely help.  I'd wear it with slim jeans and boots, or tucked into a pencil skirt.  Is it weird that it kind of reminds me of Jenny Humphrey, and that doesn't bother me nearly as much as it should?

Jersey Knit Slouch Top, $14.80 at forever21.com: I got this because it also reminds me of a Kain top (anyone see a theme?), and because I really don't own any long-sleeved shirts.  The neckline is a little off the shoulder, it has 3/4 length sleeves that I push up, and it has a little pocket on the right, just like the Kain tees do.  It's a little oversized and drapey, and I think it'll work really nicely with some dark wash jeans and knee-high boots.  It's the perfect combination of cozy and cute, and it's super, super comfy.  Which is what really matters when it's 45 degrees outside, and you haven't seen the sun for days, and you're out of coffee, and you have to read 100 pages of economics.  Not that that's ever happened to me.  Ahem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails