Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Outfit of the Day: Leopard!

It is literally 102 degrees F today.  I'm not even exaggerating, it's actually over 100 degrees outside today.  I say that because I'd really love to do this jacket/tank combo with jeans and boots, but it was all I could manage to pull on jean shorts and flip flops.  Yes, I wear flip flops.  Probably about 90% of the time.  I'm seriously a California girl at heart, I wore flip flops in Boston until it got to the 40 degree mark and there was snow on the ground.  I have trouble wearing big girl shoes.

Anyways, here's the outfit: the jewelry is all from Tiffany's, the jacket is Walter, the leopard tank is Forever 21, the shorts are 7 For All Mankind, and the flip flops are Rainbows.  I know, I'm such a California cliche.

I got this leopard tank yesterday, and I lurve it.  It's a medium, so it's a little on the oversized side, and I like the contrast between the draping of the tank and the structure of the leather jacket.  The shorts are a funny story; when spring hit Boston, I immediately dove for my shorts drawer...and realized that I owned no pairs of shorts that fit.  I had a few nasty old pairs of F21 shorts, but literally none that fit and looked decent.  So I grabbed a pair of jeans that I didn't wear enough, in this case my 7 For All Mankind Ginger jeans, and hacked them to pieces.  It's actually really easy to do, just put the jeans on, mark how short you want the shorts to be (make sure it's even on both legs) and then add 1", 1/2", 2", however wide you want the cuff at the bottom to be to wear you marked the shorts length.  Then take off the jeans, cut them, and roll up the amount that you want to cuff them, and sew them in place.  It takes like ten minutes, and it's a great way to get new life out of a pair of jeans you don't wear often.  I did the cuff because it helps keep the cut edge from unraveling.  If you don't want the cuff, it just takes a little more sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails