Tuesday, September 7, 2010

J. Crew and Brushes

So one of the things I did during my super productive (not) vacation was paint my brush tips.  Woohoo!  Crazy.  I honestly did it because I think it's pretty, but I know that professional makeup artists do it so that you don't mix up your brushes with other people's. 

Now, the easiest way to do this is with nail polish.  What you want to do is put a piece of tape around the handle about 1/2-3/4 of an inch down from the tip.  Make sure you have the tape secure and even.  Next you pick out a nail polish that you like (I went with bright pink).  Do an even coat of polish across each brush tip, and then leave the brushes hanging over the edge of a table to dry.  Let that first coat dry completely before you start the second coat, or you'll just end up taking off the first coat.  Then let the brushes dry completely for two hours before you remove the tape, and you have fun, festive brushes!

I also picked up two J. Crew tanks on sale, this Sequin-Strip Tank for $29.99 at jcrew.com, Lace Ruffle Tank, $29.99 at jcrew.com: The second tank was actually cheaper at the J. Crew I went to.  So I picked up the sequin tank in this blush color.  I really wanted it in this green/black combo, but they didn't have it in my size and I'm trying to get more warm colors in my closet.  I did laundry today, and it was all black, white, and navy.  I love it, because it adds a fun touch of glamour to daytime outfits, but it also goes nicely with nighttime outfits.  It's just all kinds of versatile.  I picked up this second tank in black.  It's hard to see, but it has a line of lace running down the front.  I like it because it's comfy and black (hello, comfort zone), but the lace adds a twisted, Gothic Victorian sort of vibe that's cute and unexpected on a basic black tank.

Images sources:
jcrew.com, jcrew.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails