Monday, September 13, 2010

NYFW Round-Up #4

Alright y'all, it's time for the second half of the weekend's fashion show round-up.  I'm exhausted with the amount of pretty I'm seeing.  It's hard to distill pretty!  But I'm a push-over, I like everything.  Anyways, on to said pretty.

Jason Wu: It's always so hard to choose Jason Wu looks.  I like all of them.  Really, I like all of them.  I think these two are my favorites, but I seriously recommend checking out the whole show.  It's eccentric lady-like elegance at its best.  For a day-time look, I love this blouse/pencil skirt combination.  The skirt is on the softer, more voluminous side, which works perfectly with the nude, deep v-neck top, and the giant floral brooch adds a little Grey Gardens glam.  As for night time, this fuchsia gown is jaw-droppingly gorgeous.  It's so light, but so dramatic and high-impact.  The neckline feels so fresh, the fit is so flattering, and the overall effect is both femme fatale and classic diva.

Altuzarra, A Detacher:Hello, drama.  That Altuzarra dress is all Xena-Warrior-Princess-hotness meets Star Trek, in the best possible way.  The body-con detailing and cut are kept from being too over the top by the full skirt, the shine of the leather livens up the matte jersey, and the pop of orange with the belt adds a quirky touch.  This A Detacher look is so simple, and yet so perfectly chic.  The pared down color palette, the jewel tones, the softly draped, but still tailored shapes--it's very French girl chic.

 Doo.Ri: This show was a study in gorgeous neutrals and easy shapes, which feels absolutely perfect for Spring.  I'm really loving this little blue dress.  The teensy-tiny bustier top is contrasted nicely by the swishy, full skirt, and I think I spy some micro-pleating (love), which adds a fun, Grecian flare.  This outfit on the right proves that dressing in monochromatic neutrals doesn't have to be boring.  I think this ensemble works because of all the contrasts.  You have the gauzy skirt, the sequined top, and the silky trench.  Not to mention that I just want all of those pieces separately, especially the trench.

Images from: style.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails