Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Review: Vaseline Cocoa Butter Lotion

I just realized that I got a bunch of basic (but still note worthy) products when I moved into school, but I totally forgot to write about in all the hustle and bustle.  This is the first one:

Vaseline Cocoa Butter Lotion, $7.99 at drugstore.com

Here's the PR info on it:

When our skin is healthy, light reflects off the rich color below the surface, enabling it to literally glow.  But when skin is dry, its surface becomes uneven and rough, leaving it looking dull.
Cocoa Butter deep conditioning lotion penetrates deeply to smooth away roughness and the appearance of dark spots, igniting skin's natural glow at the source.
  • rich cocoa butter - helps to even skin tone
  • conditioning moisturizers - leave skin smooth and supple

Okay, so the claims that it make skin glow and dark spots disappear--a little far fetched.  It's body lotion, not rocket science.  However, I wouldn't be writing about a plain old body lotion unless it was either great or terrible, and (spoiler alert), this one is great.  Let me break it down for ya.

The packaging: Nothing exciting or fancy, but nicer than the usual white lotion bottle, and I like the curving lines of the shape.  The top does tend to pop off if you aren't careful.

The scent: It smells like cookies.  Not as realistically as a Philosophy cookie shower gel would, but it has a definite baked goods vibe.  It's enough to make you hungry if you catch a whiff of your arms.  On the plus side, it's not so strong that people 20 feet away are going to be asking who's carrying around cookies, but it's sweet and warm and homey and extremely comforting.

The lotion itself: I have really dry skin.  Last year during the winter my skin got covered in these little itchy red dots and I was so positive that it was bed bugs or allergies.  My skin didn't feel dry, it just ITCHED LIKE CRAZY.  But of course it was actually dry skin (in disguise).  I resorted to oils by the end of the year, which moisturize very well and give your skin a nice, glowy sheen, but make your hands so. oily.  Ugh.  I wanted something that was really moisturizing and gave me a bit of a glow, but didn't leave any residue on my skin.  This lotion hits all of those marks.  It keeps my skin hydrated and healthy looking, but rubs in completely without any oiliness.  I've never repurchased a body lotion before, but I would definitely repurchase this one.

Awkward Chic Rating: A+.  It smells good, it's affordable, and it really, really works.  It might be love.

Image from drugstore.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails