Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Review: Benefit's Sugarbomb

I'm bacccckkk!  I'm all moved into school, and maybe if I get around to cleaning I'll put up pictures.  Anyways, in the last two weeks I've picked up a few things, so expect some reviews over the next few days.  The first thing I got was Benefit's Sugarbomb.

It's $28 at sephora.com, which is expensive for a blusher/highlighter combo, but you get a LOT of product.  I think this little box will last me at least a year, possibly two, so for less than $30 I think it's a darn good deal.  The packaging is standard Benefit, a square cardboard box, which a close-up picture of a frosted eclair (or some similar pastry).  I think it's rather cute, but I wish Benefit would do something other than cardboard packaging.  It's very fragile.  Under the lid you get a little flat blush brush and a plastic tray to hold the brush.  The brush itself is ok.  I think it would do in a pinch, but I don't like flat brushes for applying blush and the brush is small and just ok.  I do appreciate that Benefit included a brush that doesn't totally suck, though.

So the product itself is made up of four triangles that are supposedly based off of Benefit's popular blushes (Dandelion, Georgia Peach, etc).  There's a rose, pink, peach, and a plum, and they're all rather shimmery.  If you swirl them all together on a blush brush you get a warm, shimmery peachy-pink that was very hard to get on camera.  For a better swatch, check out this pic.

Ok, so for the actual product: I think I love it.  It's nicely pigmented, but it is a light color.  It's a cross between a highlighter and a blush, as it's pretty shimmery, but not bright enough to be a real stand-alone blush.  I think that's why I really like it.  I have a lot of red in my skin, and I really hate looking flushed, so I generally avoid blushes at all costs.  I picked this up on a whim after seeing lots of raves on Temptalia.  What I do is tap it on my cheekbones and my apples lightly.  It adds a gorgeous, healthy looking glow, a little rosiness and a little shimmer, and basically just makes you look happy and like you gym everyday and treat your skin perfectly.  I've never liked a blush this much.  I've worn it everyday since I got it, and it's never given my clown cheeks or made me look like a discoball.  It's really foolproof unless you are crazy brush happy.

Awkward Chic rating: A-.  I'd give the product itself an A, but the cardboard packaging takes it down a notch for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails