Friday, September 17, 2010

Outfit of the Day

So this isn't really my outfit of the day (boo on lame perpetual drizzling) but I was playing dress up in my closet for a while today, and I put this together.  Yes, I play dress up in my own closet.  Sorry for the crappy pictures, this is literally the only mirror in my dorm room and it's like 10 inches wide.  Gah.


Dress: Rodarte for Target, boots: Frye, belt: no idea, jacket: Walter.  I think I've worn this Rodarte for Target dress out maybe twice since I got it in December.  It's very girly for me, and I tend to forget that I own it.  I know, I'm sad.  My go-to fix-it method for outfits that I think are too boring or too girly is to put a leather jacket on top, and I think it really works for this dress.  It cuts the cutesiness of the pale blue and the swishy skirt and the illusion neckline, and adds a little visual weight.  The belt draws attention to the waist, and the boots tie in nicely with the jacket.  The annoying thing about this dress is that it has a strapless sweetheart neckline, and then an illusion neckline over that, which means I should probably wear a strapless bra.  Since that will never happen, I resort to the jacket.  Yay for problem solving.

1 comment:

  1. very cute. Would LOVE to see more outfits of the day (or dress up on a cold and rainy day) - I find them inspirational :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails