Monday, June 8, 2009

Why Hello There...

So while Megan's away, I'm going to play. (For those of you new to Awkward Chic, this is Maud.) Which means that I'll do the "normalish" posting for the time being. However, I won't be able to get to a computer on the 11-12th, so I think there are only going to be automated posts then. But for now, get ready to mix it up a little!

I actually meant to post on this awhile ago, back when we were still on Stella, but oh well. For those of you who have been following us for awhile, you know that Megan and I are big fans of Clairol's Perfect 10 hair dyes. You might also remember that I was having a bit of a redhead (gingers!) fetish so I was sticking to those hues. But about a month ago I decided to part my ways with the ginger wave and head into a more summer tone, which is basically a lighter version of my natural brown hair. When I was buying the dye I realized that the shampoo I was using was for redheads (or people who dye it red) and that I was in dire need (haha) of shampoo for dyed hair other than red. This is where I decided to try a new product I was actually interested in, L'Oreal EverPure. Being somewhat of a green freak, I was excited when I found out that the shampoo (and I think most, if not all, of the line is this way) is sulfate free, has no harsh salts, is made with natural "botanicals", and (my favorite part) is 100% vegan. For a mass produced product this is pretty darn good, just from the sounds of it. It also is infused with rosemary and juniper, so it has a really great, natural earthy scent that is not overpowering and is very soothing. It's like cheap aroma therapy. Wash your hair and relax at the same time, I don't think it can get better than that. Now for how the product actually works. I have to say, I really like it. I don't think I need to change my shampoo anymore. It makes my hair really soft, which is excellent, since continuous hair dying can lead to really dry and damaged hair. I would strongly recommend it to any budding environmentalists and/or hair dyers out there. Seriously.

L'Oreal EverPure Moisture Shampoo retails for $6.99 at Ulta.com.





Image Source: hotbeautyhealth.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails