Saturday, June 27, 2009

Fashion Scoop! Remembering MJ

To make a long story short, I was at the Saks right off of Rodeo today/tonight and ran into an interesting situation. While briefly venturing out of the dressing room to look at something in the 360 mirror (always a confidence booster. not.) I overheard a certain somebody mention that she was Janet Jackson's personal shopper. Interested and a wee bit of an eavesdropper, I obviously decided to pay a little bit more attention to the situation at hand and less on what I looked like. Apparently she was there to purchase some wardrobe pieces for Michael's funeral. Now, looking at the pieces she had in her hands seemed strange to me, considering they were for a funeral. You know, because they were all white and I was expecting something a little more traditional, like I don't know, black. But supposedly that was the point. MJ didn't (or wouldn't) want people to wear typical mourning clothes. So if you really want to show a tribute to him the way he would have wanted it, wear white. And considering the already inspired trends of the current seasons, there's no reason why you can't go all out with a little MJ style.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails