Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Hi! And a few of my favorite things.

Hopefully some of you guys have followed me over from Stella Magazine to Awkward Chic, my new blog (d0n't worry, I didn't kill Maud, she'll be guest posting). Awkward Chic will be pretty much the same as Stella Magazine, with just a few differences. Since Stella was always kind of a school project, it wasn't that personal. Yes, Maud and I talked about ourselves a lot because we just like doing that, but there weren't really any pictures of us, or our closets, or a lot of personal details. All that's going to change. You'll get to see some of my outfits, journey through my closet, and hear a little more about the random things I like. Basically, 20% more about me and the movies/tv shows/music/celebs that I like, and 80% what it was like before. I've be posting maybe a bit less than before, once or twice a day, but still regularly.

So why the new name? Well, aside from wanting to avoid copyright issues (always a plus), we really just picked Stella before because it was pretty. Awkward Chic is a little more personal. The chic comes from the fact that I, and I think most people, aspire to have a little bit of chicness in their lives. By chic I don't mean imitating Audrey Hepburn or Grace Kelly. I mean always being pulled together, having the finishing touches on an outfit, being the complete package, slightly timeless but true to your personal style. Awkward comes from the fact that I'm an awkward person (if you know me, you know that's true. My brain goes like 235235 miles an hour, and I have a really short attention span, so I space out all the time, which is entertaining for me, but generally awkward for everybody else), and from the fact that I like my outfits to be a little awkward. I like them to be a little quirky, a little off in one way or another, because I think that makes them unique. I know being awkward and chic together is kind of a paradox, but that's why I like it. It doesn't make sense, and I'm a silly person who doesn't usually make sense.

Now that that's all over with, I thought I'd post a few of my favorite things to start off this blog. And because I like to talk about myself. Probably why I like blogging...hmm....See? Short attention span. I'm also really indecisive, but you'll see that in a minute.

Favorite Brand: Alexander Wang, closely followed by Phillip Lim, Chloe, and about 32542345 others.
Favorite Designer: Christopher Bailey, Olivier Theyskens, and the new guy behind Pucci.
Favorite Shoe Designer: Christian Louboutin, hands down, no runner-up. I would probably sell my kidney for a pair of his heels.
Favorite Bag Designer: It varies, but right now, Rebecca Minkoff. I need this bag. And this bag in black.
Favorite Fashion Blog: NY Mag's The Cut. Hilarious.
Favorite Makeup Line: MAC. They've got the best concealer, best eyeshadow, best lip conditioner, best lipstick. Benefit wins for packaging though.
Favorite Makeup Item: MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer for face, and Benefit's Creaseless Shadows for eyes.
Favorite Skincare Product: Pond's Cold Cream. Best cleanser/makeup remover EVER.
Favorite Makeup Blog: Blogdorf Goodman. She's so thorough, and so prolific, and has so much darn makeup.
Favorite General Blog: Jezebel. I don't know if that counts as a blog, but it's snarky and spot on.
Favorite TV shows: I really can't keep this to just one. I love the Office, 30 Rock, Friday Night Lights, Gossip Girl, Greek, True Blood, Robin Hood (the BBC version is my new obsession, don't judge, he's so PRETTY), and Gilmore Girls. I still watch all the Gilmore Girls reruns on ABC family. I'm in denial about it ending.
Favorite Movies: Moulin Rouge, Amelie, Pride and Prejudice, anything Pixar, anything Hitchcock, the Notebook, anything Audrey Hepburn. I'm REALLY indecisive.
Favorite Books: Jane Austen (all of them), Edith Wharton (again, all of them), Atonement, anything by Evelyn Waugh, really anything I can get my hands on.
Favorite Food: I'm vegetarian, so I take what I can get. I live off of bread, apples, and chocolate. I chose to believe that that is not why my nails are crap.
Favorite Piece of Clothing I Own: Either my Monrow jacket or my vintage Chanel skirt (it was $2.50!!! It doesn't get better than that).
Favorite Piece of Jewelry: I'm definitely a ring person. It's a tie between this antique English ring I got at a flea market with this old crest on it, or the Tiffany's ring my dad gave me for Valentine's last year.
Favorite Go-to Accessory: It's always a scarf. I know some people are freaked out by the whole 'wearing scarves during the summer' thing, but I love them. They're so festive. Also, sunglasses. I have really sensitive eyes (it's not just an excuse, I swear), and I live in my Ray-Ban Wayfarers. I also want a pair of the Ray-Ban aviators. So Top Gun.
Favorite Fashion Guilty Pleasure: Uggs. I know. I should be tried for fashion treason. But in my defense, I have horrible circulation, so my hands and feet are always freezing (ask Maud, it's true!) and I'm always looking for warm shoes. Plus, I'll be in Boston next year for college, and I'm going to need warm things (of which I have none). I only wear Uggs that are normal colors, though! None of that pale pink/baby blue/bright red crap. Animals do not come in those colors. And yes, I realize that this makes me a horrible, hypocritical vegetarian and all that, but I'm already aware of that and nobody needs to yell at me in the comments. Trust me, I've heard it before.
Favorite Band: Maroon 5, Lady Gaga, and Coconut Records are on top right now, but it changes weekly.
Favorite Actresses: Audrey Hepburn, Bette Davis, Keira Knightley, Audrey Tautou, Nicole Kidman (pre botox!).
Favorite Actors/eye candy: John Krasinski (I will probably end up stalking him. That's fair warning), Sean Faris, Johnny Depp, Jim Sturgess, Rob Pattinson, James McAvoy, Jonas Armstrong, occasionally Chris Pine (be proud, Maud), and Adam Levine.
Favorite City: These are random questions. I love NYC, I will probs move there, and then it's either Prague, Budapest, Vienna, or London.
Favorite Animals: Puppies! I'm a dog person, no question. I'm also a horse person, so PONIES!
Favorite Model: It's a toss up between Karlie Kloss, Dree Hemingway, and Coco Rocha.
I think that's enough rambling about me for today, so check back later for some actual posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails