Friday, June 19, 2009

United Apparel Liquidators

I like a good shopping deal as much as the next person (hence my long love affair with eBay), and often some of the best deals are at designer discount stores. But often the stock at TJ Maxx and Loehman's, etc. is countless seasons old, has already been picked over five times, and is only in the weirdest sizes. I come out empty-handed more often than not.

So when I stumbled across this little gem in New Orleans, I literally jumped for joy (in the street, no less). United Apparel Liquidators has one location in New Orleans, at 518 Chartres (and no website, sorry folks), but it's well worth the trip. They stock pieces from $5 LNA tees--no joke--to Jil Sander, Jenni Kayne, Chloe, Sari Gueron (love!), Missoni, Proenza Schouler, Stella McCartney, Graham and Spencer, and much, much more. The layout is less than inspiring, just a bunch of clothes shoved on circular racks, but the merchandise is fantastic. I almost splurged on a $200 Sari Gueron dress, and I'm kinda regretting letting that one go. They have actual normal sizes in a wide range, everything from accessories to shoes to Gryson bags, and some seriously amazing details. If you're ever in New Orleans, you must check out United Apparel Liquidators. Seriously, it's not optional.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails