Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Steel Magnolias

I have perfume on the brain. It's becoming a problem. Back in LA, where it's dry and decently mild all year, I never have to think about how the weather's going to effect my perfume. It just won't. But down here, with all the heat and humidity, all the perfume you wear is multiplied by like 15 (ok, it's more like 2, but still), so softer fragrances are a must. And on top of that, with all this Southern Belle girliness and all these tropical Southern plants, I'm seriously craving some floral Southern girliness. I even tried on some Magnolia perfume (that's right. White flowers. And I kinda liked it). The point is, all of this is making me want some soft, girly perfumes for the first time in, um, ever. The girliest perfume I've ever had is Coco Mademoiselle, which has orange, bergamot, grapefruit, litchi, rose, Italian jasmine, Indonesian patchouli, Haitian Vetiver, Bourbon Vanilla (I'm so looking at Bourbon street right now) and white musk. I'm wearing Coco right now. It's lurvely. But I want something a little lighter and less boozy, and I'm thinking Narcisco Rodriguez for Her, which I've been eyeing for awhile now. It has pink chypre, pink florals, voluptuous woods, soft amber, sheer chypre, flower honey, tactile woods, and amber light. And I swear it has some white flowers in there somewhere, and that I'm really going to buy it this time! Pinky promise.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails