Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Spring 2011 Bridal Fashion Week

It's that time of year again--BRIDAL FASHION WEEK.  Aka that time of year where I feel justified in my cravings to stare at fluffy white dresses.  I thought I'd share some of them with y'all.  They're a good pre-humpday pick-me-up.


Angel Sanchez, Oscar de la Renta: If this Angel Sanchez gown had a sweetheart neckline, it would be on my body.  Aaah.  I love the flow of the bodice into the soft a-line skirt, and the way that the line details cascade from the bodice into the skirt.  I wouldn't really want to wear this second dress on my wedding day, but I really like it for other things.  Like the red carpet (because I'm on that all the time).  It reminds me of Marie Antoinette with the front ribbon/bow combo and the micro-pleats.  That pale pink hue is too pretty.  I love blush wedding dresses.  It's such a refreshing difference from the usual off-whites and creams.

Vera Wang: I have to say, I'm really warming up to Vera Wang.  I like how she uses black accents to take something that could be a bit too romantic and sweet, like this first gown, and give it a bit of an unexpected edge.  The way that the pleats on the bodice cascade down into that sea of ruffles is just so perfect.  It honestly looks like a cloud of rose petals.  If you want to feel like a fairy princess on your wedding day, that's the dress for you.  For a more classic look, this mermaid gown is so chic and timeless.  The cut itself is simple and flattering, and then you get the little details of the stripes in the skirt and the layers of tulle that take it from boring and safe to pared-down and sophisticated. 



Marchesa: Marchesa.  Drool.  I mean, what can you really say?  Brain explosion due to excessive pretty.  These are my two favorite silhouettes--fishtail and a-line ballgown.  The mermaid dress has such dramatic lines--it would almost be too much if the dress itself wasn't so simple.  The micro-pleating adds just enough visual interesting, and the floral decorations give it an organic twist that helps it all from being too pretty.  I love how fluffy the second dress is!  I just want to spin around in that skirt forever.  This dress is similar to the first Marchesa in that it also has a dramatic silhouette, but the dress itself is on the plainer side.  The subtle detailing that concentrates at the bodice and fades down into the skirt is very McQueen, no? 

Images from nymag.com, nymag.com, nymag.com, nymag.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails