Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Currently Craving

I promise Paris Fashion Week coverage will resume at some point, but I'm so burnt out from midterms this week that my brain can't handle that level of analysis at the moment.  So here are some pretty things that I want!


Sam Edelman Naharra Piped High Heel Boots, $225 at shopbop.com, Vanessa Bruno Athe Sac a Main Deux Bag, $589 at shopbop.com: I really love my flat Frye boots, but sometimes you want a boot with a heel for a bit of an extra oomph.  They're so '70s chic.  I like this pair because they aren't crazy expensive, there's some spunky trim, and the earthiness of the brown leather tempers the dressiness of the heel quite nicely.  How cute is this bag???  I like the warm, soft grey hue--it's a versatile, off-beat neutral.  The bag is the perfect mixture of slouchy and structured, there's a nice balance between the edgy and the boho detailing, and it's a really practical size.




Tibi Silk and Lace Print Dress, $475 at net-a-porter.com, Veda Fur Holiday Jacket, $990 at shopbop.com: The combination of the lace print and stripes on this dress totally reminds me of doodles on notebook paper from high school.  I like the juxtaposition of that with the clean, prim lines of the dress--if you added a pop of color with a purple or a blue patent belt, it would be so adorable.  I know this fur/leather jacket is the opposite of politically correct...but it's so cozy looking.  Leather sleeves for durability, and that furry body for warm and cuddliness.  I'd pair that with a semi-sheer white v-neck and a dark-wash pair of jeans.


Sephora Favorites Glitz & Glam Shimmer and Shine Makeup Sampler, $39 at sephora.com, Smashbox Get Sexy Hallowen Kit, $25 at sephora.com: I love these Sephora samplers.  They're such good deals.  For just under $40, you can get a Lorac highlighter, Josie Maran bronzing oil, Tarte bronze eyeshadow, Tarte cheek stain, Tarina Tarantino loose highligher powder and lip gloss, Bare Minerals mineral veil, Sephora copper eyeliner, Lorac gloss, NARS Orgasm Illuminator, and a Tarte highlighter.  All in slightly reduced sizes, but still, that's a $121 value for a heck of a lot less.  This Smashbox Halloween makeup kit is such a cute idea!  It works for a ton of different costumes--cat, witch, vampire, etc.  You get a black eyeshadow, black creme liner, false lashes and false lash glue, and pale pink lipgloss.
Images from: shopbop.com, shopbop.com, net-a-porter.com, shopbop.com, sephora.com, sephora.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails