Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Today's Cravings

Hello, four day weekend.  How long I've waited for you.  Well, not that long since I have three papers and a midterm to work out before Monday, but it's the thought that counts.  To get me in a happier place, I put together some pretty things.  It always does the trick.


YARNZ Butterfly Mosaic Scarf, $170 at shopbop.com, Foley + Corinna Stripley Mid City Tote, $495 at shopbop.com: I need this scarf in my life.  It's seven feet long, all cashmere, and covered in tiny butterflies.  Butterflies!  Ah.  So cute.  I want to wear it with a white tee and some plain jeans.  There's something so snuggly and cozy about big cashmere scarves.  And they're super handy for traveling, because they can double as blankets on long flights.  I have the plain, brown version of this bag, and I love it to death.  The textured black version, however, is calling to me.  It's a little more urban and punky, which works so well with the basic shape, but since it's a neutral color, it works with everything.

Elizabeth & James Holiday Skirt, $245 at shopbop.com, Sandro Rancon Silk and Tulle Dress, $395 at net-a-porter.com: This skirt is so flouncy and holiday-ish!  I love that it looks a bit like a modern crinoline, and then you have the black hue and the leather waistband to add some modern edge.  I'd pair it with a lightly embellished white tank and some costume jewelry.  Doesn't this dress scream holiday party?  The ruffled, swiss dot skirt is so festive and party appropriate, the white silk top is flattering and very wintery, and the bit of sparkle at the waist makes it so perfect for going out.  You could really do this and some black heels and be done.



Markus Lupfer Sinner Shirt, $185 at net-a-porter.com, and Sequin Spell Shirt, $265 at net-a-porter.com: I will freely admit that these shirts are way overpriced, but at the same time I still totally love them.  And the words are embroidered, which helps justify it a little bit.  Kinda.  This sinner shirt also has a counterpart that's white and says 'saint,' but I think it's mildly obnoxious to walk around with that across your chest, whereas this is just mildly hilarious.  I'd wear it to the coffee shop or on errands, with a pair of boots, straight-leg dark jeans, and some big sunglasses.  This Sequin Spell shirt reminds me of the "I put a spell on you" song from Hocus Pocus (LOVE IT).  It's just so funny and unexpectedly charming, no?  Plus, I love me some daytime sequins.


Images from shopbop.com, shopbop.com, shopbop.com, net-a-porter.com, net-a-porter.com, net-a-porter.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails