Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Beauty Spotlight: Beach Blow Texturizing Mist

If you've been reading my blog for a while, you're probably thinking "she already reviewed this product.  Lame sauce."  And yes, I did review it a year ago.  But that's just the thing.  I reviewed it 13 months ago, have used it EVERY single day, and just bought my new bottle less than five minutes ago.  This stuff is magical.  I figured it deserved a little beauty spotlight.


Its the Blow Beach Blow Texturizing Mist, $21 at bathandbodyworks.com:

I've been using the same bottle for the last 13 months.  I'd say for the first 6 months I did 4 spritzes a day and for the last 7 months I've been doing 2 spritzes a day, one on each side.  The cost per use on this is about half a penny.  The product itself smells fantastic.  It's a little salty, a little coconutty, a little floral--overall very beachy without being obviously screaming BEACH in your face.  It's a very thin, slightly milky looking liquid, which you'll probably never see through the adorable, opaque packaging.  Seriously, I love the packaging.  It's charmingly upbeat and eccentric, without being too cutesy.


Now, the important stuff: what this does for your hair.  I've heard a lot lately about how buying salt sprays is a rip-off, and you can just make them at home yourself.  So I tried that over the summer.  I followed a recipe with a bit of salt, distilled water, a little bit of conditioner and some hair gel, and I spritzed that on one half of my head and the Beach Blow on the other.  The DIY salt spray took a lot more product to get any results, and what I ended up with was sticky, matte, dirty looking hair.  The Beach Blow, on the other hand, was fab.  


I have basically Asian Barbie hair.  It's very thick, very straight and shiny, and refuses to hold any sort of curl or wave.  I know it sounds like a weird thing to whine about, but my hair strands are so smooth that they just lie flat on top of each other in a giant, heavy blob.  I love this spray because it gives some texture to my hair strands for them to grab on to, so my hair actually has volume, and texture, and awesomeness!  


Conclusion: if you use this your hair will have supermodel beachy texture, and random people (in all seriousness) will creep on you to tell you how good your hair smells.

Image from bathandbodyworks.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails