Monday, November 22, 2010

Retail Therapy

 Sometimes when I get to that really burnt out, stressed, tired/grumpy place during midterms/finals, I like to buy myself things to make me feel better.  I know it's terrible, but it's sad how much better a new nail polish can make me feel about having to write a 7 page Medieval Spanish Lit paper (yep, that was my weekend).  Here are some of the things that I want to buy myself right now.

Rebecca Minkoff Charm Mini Bag, $225 at shopbop.com: I'm really warming up to the idea of shoulder bags with long straps, like this little Rebecca Minkoff bag.  It's affordable, it has a girly shape with some sassy detailing, it has a practical turnlock closure, and it's small enough to be easy to deal with, but it's still a versatile size.  Also I'm just dying for a little Chanel shoulder bag, but this is a much more realistic option.


Elizabeth & James Fairfax Sunglasses, $185 at shopbop.com: I LOVE THESE CAT EYE SUNGLASSES.  The shape is just so cute and retro and refreshing when basically all everyone is wearing nowadays are aviators and some variation on Wayfarers (guilty on both counts).  The slightly tortoiseshell frame adds to the retro effect, but the wire arms keep it all from being too heavy and intense.


Essie Polish in Smokin' Hot, $3.75 at amazon.com: This polish is from the winter collection and I am 100% picking it up on Wednesday when I finally get to go to Ulta.  Smokin' Hot is a grey-mauve-taupe.  Here's a good swatch.  I'm really feeling it because it's offbeat but polished and wintery, and it manages to not be a stereotypical color without resorting to being ugly.  Plus warm purpley greys are so much more flattering on me than cool-toned grays. 


Images from shopbop.com, shopbop.com, amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails