Wednesday, November 17, 2010

J. Crew Lovelies

Mostly pretty J. Crew things.  J. Crew is seriously hitting it out of the park this season.  Also they sell Essie and Bobbi Brown there now?  Interesting. 

Sandro Jet Lace-Trimmed Mini Skirt, $255 at net-a-porter.com, J. Crew Chunky Fairisle Funnelneck Sweater, $148 at jcrew.com: This skirt + holiday parties = match made in heaven.  Dress it down with a white tee.  Dress it up with a blouse.  The options are endless, and the lace detail makes it much sassier than the usual pencil mini skirt. You guys know that I'm not a preppy person.  Cable knits and pearls make me cringe.  But some deep, pathogical part of me really wants to wear this Fairisle sweater with dark jeans and a pair of equestrian-inspired boots.  I think it's the All American Girl collection.  I'm irrationally drawn to that wholesome, Ralph Lauren-esque look.


Coquette Hobo in Shimmer Leather, $248 at jcrew.com: This really reminds me of this Stella McCartney bag in black.  Except a zillion times cheaper.  The combination of the leather/ribbon/chain handles is very Lanvin (love), the top has a turnlock, which is super convenient, and I love the construction.  You can scrunch the sides up and down based on how much stuff you have in it, so you can go super slouchy or nice and structure.  The slight sheen of the leather adds a nice glam twist, and makes black fun instead of boring.


Tinsel Bustier Dress, $695 at jcrew.com: I realize that this is a lot for a J. Crew dress.  But it's limited edition and the tinsel is hand sewn to the skirt!  Gosh I'm gullible.  I just love the shape of it, with the voluminous skirt against the fitted bustier, and the contrast between the matte top and the high sheen of the skirt.  It feels so festive and holiday party appropriate, but at the same time you could really wear it all year.


Images from net-a-porter.com, jcrew.com, jcrew.com, jcrew.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails