Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sick Day Outfit

I'm still in the throes of this blah general sick feelingness that I think might be bronchitis.  Crycry.  The problem with this situation is that I just want to curl up in my bed and nap, but I have to go to classes and meetings and sorority stuff.  So the current goal is to wear clothes that feel like pajamas for when I can't wear actual pajamas.  Woohoo.  Here is my current dream "cozy but still cute" outfit.

KAIN Pocket Tank, $55 at tobi.com, Patterson J. Kincaid Patricia Cardigan, $218 at shopbop.com: These KAIN tanks are ridiculously comfortable.  The fit is slightly oversized without being too bulky, the fabric feels like silk, and they manage to be basic without being boring.  I'd pair the white tank with this soft red sweater.  It's just big enough to be cozy, the mixture of fabrics (wool, angora, etc) makes it very soft but also way, the big pockets are fun and practical, and the thumbholes on the sleeves are adorable and just perfect for when you're feeling blah and schlumpy.  Plus the cranberry hue is so pretty and will liven up even the palest of sad, sick complexions (like mine!  It might also be the complete lack of sun, but I'm pretty sure I glow in the dark at this point).

Ugg Australia Montclair Boots, $199.95 at nordstrom.com, 7 For All Mankind Gwenevere Jeans, $113 at tobi.com: Confession: I don't like UGG boots.  I do own two pairs, but I only wear them inside, I promise.  But this pair is mildly acceptable for public consumption when it's cold out and you're sick and you just want to be cozy.  The lace-up detail, slim cut, and exposed cuff make this pair a little more fashion forward and flattering than the standard UGG boot, no?  The one thing I hate to wear the most when I'm sick is a constricting pair of pants.  There's nothing that makes you feel less cozy.  This pair, however, actually feels like pajama pants.  They have a nice high waist, and are super stretchy, plus the slim leg would tuck into the boots perfectly.



Kenneth Jay Lane Tassel Necklace, $39.90 at shopbop.com: Now, even if you're sick, you've gotta have a little bit of bling.  Just a little to make you feel less sad and blah.  I'd go for a simple pendant necklace, since it's easy but high impact.  This one is on sale (woot), and the organic feeling stone and festive tassel make it unique and glam in a sort of low maintenance way.

Images via shopbop.com, tobi.com, nordstrom.com.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! Feel better :( But really cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, cute outfit~
    I'd add a pretty scarf to go with it though since my throat is usually sore.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails