Thursday, January 27, 2011

Pretty Things

 Guess what y'all???  IT'S THE WEEKEND.  Well, unless you have class tomorrow.  In which case I am very sorry.  So here are some pretty things to make you feel better about that unfortunate scheduling incident.

Laura Mercier Silk Road Eye and Cheek Palette, $48 at sephora.com, Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencil, $20 at sephora.com: I like this palette based solely on the name (total history nerd alert).  But it's also full of colors that are actually useful.  There's Palace Pink blush (a soft shimmering pink with gold pearl), Persian Rose blush (a pink coral with gold sheen), and then eye shadows in Regal Violet (vibrant sparkling violet), Golden Sands (soft pink peach with gold pearl), Rare Taupe (soft taupe grey with satin finish), and Lavender Silk (pale blue violet with matte finish).  I really love the two blushes--anything pale and pink and shimmery has my vote--and I really love that the shadows are wearable colors but not the usual taupes and neutrals.  You could do a simple eye with the pale pink and the taupe, or do the taupe with the dark purple in the v for a smokier look, or combine the purples, or do a combo of the pale pink and the lavender for a soft, ethereal look.  Now, I'm not a huge fan of Urban Decay's 24/7 liners (the lasting power for me is sub-par), but I've heard such good things about these shadow pencils that I'm dying to try one.  I like to blend/combine lots of pretty shadows in the morning, but sometimes I sleep in too late and just don't have time to do the whole blending/contouring she-bang.  So I find the idea of a one-step, do it all pencil very appealing.  The shades are very similar to the UD liners, and I hear the lasting power is great.  I'd love to try Sin (champagne) and Rehab (taupe).

Stila Make Me Blush Set, $20 at sephora.com: This is the cutest gift for Valentine's Day EVER.  The lip glazes are .05 oz instead of the fullsize .08 oz, and the full-size glosses are $22, so that's a great deal in and of itself.  The shades included are Hugs (creamy rose) and Kisses (sparkling red), which are cutely named for Valentine's Day and pretty colors.  But the blush is what really gets me.  HOW ADORABLE IS THAT?  The color is a flattering blend of peach, pink, and deep, and the gold dusting adds a nice little sparkle.  I want to buy this for Valentine's Day for myself.  Is that sad?

Images via sephora.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails