Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Dresses, Shoes, and RODARTE FOR TARGET!!!

More random shopping (shocker, I know) and RODARTE FOR TARGET PREVIEW PICS!!!!!! I'm not excited about that or anything...no...

Madison Marcus Swanky Dress, $325 at shopbop.com, Kova & T Anjelica Dress, $253 at shopbop.com, Charlotte Olympia Maxine Sandal, $825 at net-a-porter.com: Not so sure about the cowl neck on this Madison Marcus dress, but the tiered feather skirt? All over it. The shape, the layers, and the mixed textures are all very on-trend, and $325 is really decent for a dress with an ostrich feather skirt. This Kova & T dress might be even more of a steal. You get all the wearability of a classic LBD in the front with the insanely dramatic impact of these ribbon straps on the back. It's a refreshing take on the strappy-back LBD (I can't describe it, but it was all over the '90s, I swear), it fits nicely into the draping movement that's going on right now, and it's just plain hot. Plus, those ribbons would move so gorgeously (I think I just made that word up) when you walked. The five year old in me wants these shoes so, so badly. I mean, they're purple and fuschia and they have a giant platform and a zipper and tassels. It should look like Elvis threw up on your feet, but somehow, it works. I think the edginess of all those bondage-inspired straps and the sophisticated mix of textures mediate all the Rainbow Brite aspects. Do want.


Rodarte for Target previews. RODARTE FOR TARGET PREVIEWS. I. Die. I've been waiting for this...well, ok, not for that long, but you get the point. I feel like Rodarte has the most potential to make the Go International collection actually fashion forward because they're so crazy out there. Even Target can't make them mainstream (I hope). The preview pics look pretty promising. I mean, there's a ribcage printed on that sequin dress. A ribcage. It's not that wearable, but on the right person, it could be epic. I love that they're doing lace tights, because their version will actually be affordable (unlike, um, Chanel's). That little pink dress looks like it could be cute, and I die for all that leopard print, especially the jacket. I'm seeing leopard print jackets all over the place, and it's a surprisingly wearable look. That LBD I'm not feeling, but there are like 45 other pieces in this collection, so I'm sure there will be some more covetable dresses.



Image Sources:
Madison Marcus dress: shopbop.com, Kova & T dress: shopbop.com, Charlotte Olympia heels: net-a-porter.com, Rodarte preview pics: nitrolicious.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails