Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Copy Cat

Still no Paris Fashion Week on style.com. I feel so lost. So, I'm filling the giant empty hole in my soul by looking at street style pics from Fashion Week. I found one of my favorite looks so far, and rounded up a few pieces to reconstruct the ensemble. And just for kicks, there are a few things I'm craving at the bottom.

J. Crew Cashmere V-neck Sweater, $145 at jcrew.com, American Apparel Interlock Mini Skirt, $25 at americanapparelstore.com: So here's the original look, a slightly baggy v-neck cashmere sweater, a pencil mini-skirt, a pile of bangles, and a statement necklace and shoes. I know it's in blue, but since it's me, I'm doing it in grey. Shocker, right? I'm keeping the tonal color palette, just translating it into grey and black. The key with this J. Crew sweater is to buy it one size big and push the sleeves up a lot, so it looks like the sweater in the photo. The loose fit and higher v-neck will balance out the length of the mini-skirt perfectly (it's not as short as it looks, I promise). I actually have this skirt, and it's really a great canvas for any top, especially a slightly over-sized one like this.


Fiona Paxton Edie Necklace, $262.50 down from $375 at shopbop.com, Juicy Couture Multi Chain Bracelet, $220 at shopbop.com, Rock & Republic Jolene T-strap Pumps, $310 at shopbop.com: Since the outfit is pretty monochromatic, I'd throw in a pop of color with the necklace. It adds a necessary bit of edge to the ensemble, and it's easy drape contrasts nicely against the clean lines of the sweater and skirt. The bracelet adds a little more texture and a little more bling. It's got the effect of a pile of bangles, but it's a lot easier to take on and off. The shoes top it all off. First off, the black and grey tie the outfit together perfectly, second, I love the tactile look of the suede, third, the platforms are sick, and fourth, there's a zipper detail on the back. I mean, hello.


Kenneth Jay Lane Swarovski-embellished Tiger Ring, $180 at net-a-porter.com, Ashish Sequin Leopard-pattern skirt, $490 at net-a-porter.com, Loeffler Randall Camilla Platform Boots on Wooden Heel, $850 at net-a-porter.com: You know I'm all over a tiger ring. I know it's weird, but I'm still in love with that Cartier ring. Maybe it's because my high-school mascot was a tiger. This ring has all the sparkly tiger awesomeness, minus the Cartier price tag. Just look at that little tiger face....ok, ok, I need to stop. On a similarly animal related note, how awesome is this skirt? I think leopard print is having a serious comeback, and yes the sequin leopard print is a little over the top, but when it's done in such a classic shape I think it works. I'd pair it with a neutral, drapey tank, and a tangle of silver necklaces. I've never been much of a boot person, but everyone here is wearing boots. Actual legit boots, not just Uggs or rain boots. I'm kind of over the whole equestrian boot thing, so this pair of high-heeled boots is really doing it for me. The textured leather and wooden heel are refreshing, and the seam detail on the bottom takes it to the next level. Just imagine stomping around in these boots (did I mention the sick platform?).


Image Sources:
J. Crew sweater: jcrew.com, American Apparel skirt: americanapparelstore.com, Fiona Paxton necklace: shopbop.com, Juicy Couture bracelet: shopbop.com, Rock & Republic Pumps: shopbop.com, Kenneth Jay Lane ring: net-a-porter.com, Ashish skirt: net-a-porter.com, Loeffler Randall boots: shopbop.com, The Sartorialist pic: thesartorialist.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails