Thursday, August 13, 2009

Random Prettiness.

Sorry for the short post today, but I'm packing for a trip, but I'll have lots of time to post while I'm on my trip. Confusing, I know. Humor me. To tide you over until them, I rounded up a few bits of pretty for you all.

Blooming Hot Pink, $36 at truebirds.com, Charming Escape, $28 at truebirds.com, Black Charm, $16 at truebirds.com: True Birds is a line of headbands/hair accessories that's Gossip Girl with a hippietastic twist at totally affordable prices. I love the drama of that giant pink flower. It works perfectly with the minimalist black band, and would totally punch up a neutral outfit or little white sundress. If you're like Maud and you're into the feathers, this clip is for you. The grey-on-grey color palette is subdued and the shape is compact, but the textural contrasts between the feathers and the stones are so luxurious. Plus it's got a bit of a retro vibe with none of the usual hipsterness of feather hair accessories. For simple chic, I like this stretchy, bejeweled headband. Since the band is so thin, it's a very girly, elegant accent, but the added sparkles make it anything but boring. And since the sparkles are only on the top, they'll peek through at the crown of your head so adorably. If that makes any sense at all.


Super Sunglasses Havana Glitter Sunglasses $161 at shopbop.com, Parker Snake Cami Dress, $187 at shopbop.com: I love my Wayfarers, but sometimes I wish they were bigger. I'm definitely an oversized sunglasses kind of girl. These are like oversized Wayfarers. It doesn't get better than that. And evidently they're sparkly too? I mean, really, I should just sign over my bank account to shopbop.com now and save myself the trouble. I love the cute on this slip dress, with the blouson top and cinched waist. It's the right balance between sexy and carefree, and the awesome snakeskin print is just the cherry on top.


Image Sources:
Pink headband: truebirds.com, Feather clip: truebirds.com, Black headband: truebirds.com, Sunglasses: shopbop.com, Parker dress: shopbop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails