Monday, August 17, 2009

Inspired by: Shakira's She Wolf

Yes, it is as bad as it sounds. I have a weakness for crappy disco pop, especially of the European persuasion. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's on par with the Beatles or anything quality wise, but it's entertaining and it wakes me up in the morning. My latest obsession is Shakira's new single, She Wolf (I know, I know). The song is entertaining, and the music video is really, really stupid. But it does feature a particularly gorgeous grey smokey eye that I attempted to screen-cap below.



Of course I had to try to recreate that immediately (I mean, it's grey AND smokey. I die). The idea is to have warm, taupey greys blended into the lashline, with a lighter taupe on the lid, graduating to a deep, warm grey right in the lash line. I started with Urban Decay's primer potion, $17 at sephora.com, all over the lid and on the lash line, followed by a light wash of MAC's Style Snob shadow, $14.50 at maccosmetics.com, across the lid. Then I used my Sephora Brand Rounded Crease Brush #13, $17 at sephora.com, to blend MAC's shadow in Wedge, $14.50 at maccosmetics.com, into the crease, and MAC's shadow in Femme Fi onto the browbone and the inner tearducts. Line the upper lash line and the lower lash line (lightly), with any dark neutral liner (I used MAC's Pearlglide Liner in Molasses, $14.50 at maccosmetics.com). I used my Sephora Brand Smudge Brush #14, $13 at sephora.com, to blend Benefit's Creaseless Shadow/Liner in Skinny Jeans $19 at sephora.com, into the upper and lower lash lines. You want to blend a bit beyond the lash line (about halfway up the lid) and make sure it's a little smudgy. Then blend a dark, warm grey shadow like the dark half of L'Oreal's HIP Metallic Shadow Duo in Gilded, $7.99 at drugstore.com, tightly into both lash lines for extra definition. Top it off with a coat of Max Factor's Lash Perfection Volume Waterproof Couture Mascara, $7.79 at ulta.com (which I still love!).



Textured Tube Skirt, $138 at bcbg.com, ADAM Leather Jacket, $745 at shopbop.com, Make Pies Not War Luck of the Derby Necklace, $25 at etsy.com: And just because, I rounded up three more of the things I'm craving over right now. This BCBG skirt is such a great deal. It's basically a rip off of their own Herve Leger bandage skirts (obviously not as nice, but still). It looks like an Herve Leger mini, with the banded spandex, and the black shade makes it so versatile. Plus, all that spandex has to have some, ahem, slimming qualities. I love the collar on this ADAM jacket. It's so dramatic, and it has a vaguely aviator-esque vibe to it, which is totally on-trend. With the almost patent leather finish and quilting detail in the front, this is a serious investment piece. And how adorable is that horseshoe necklace? I actually have one like it, and I get more compliments on it than on any other piece of jewelry I have. It's only $25, and it's really petite, which just makes it even more elegant and feminine.


Image Sources:
Shakira: youtube.com, Urban Decay Primer Potion: sephora.com, Benefit Shadow: polyvore.com, Max Factor Mascara: ulta.com, BCBG Skirt: bcbg.com, ADAM jacket: shopbop.com, Make Pies Not War necklace: etsy.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails