Friday, August 7, 2009

College Shopping and Total Randomness

I'm in the middle of a massive college shopping spree. I need clothes! So many clothes! It's insane. Since I have to pay for all my stuff myself and have like zero storage space, I'm trying to stick to wardrobe staples that I can restyle and wear over and over. Obviously some of the stuff below isn't actually realistic, but if I had enough money to bathe in it, this is what I'd buy.

Gryphon Beaded Herringbone Peacoat, $565 at nordstrom.com, T by Alexander Wang Stretch One Shoulder Dress, $95 at shopbop.com, Christian Louboutin Hyper Prive 120 Pumps, $835 at net-a-porter.com: This is the perfect little jacket. The shape is swingy enough to work with more fitted silhouettes, but the cropped length and short sleeves mean that it'll work just as well with a-line dresses and skirts. The navy-gold color combo and double-breasted buttons are totally classic, but the stud-like detailing on the sleeves is very modern and just a little bit edgy. Yeah, it's like $600, but I feel like the cost per wear with this baby would be pretty low because I'd refuse to take it off. That T by Alexander Wang is less than $100. For serious. You'd probably have to wear full body Spanx underneath it, but still, that dress is hot. It hits the right balance between sexy and chic, and the one-shoulder silhouette looks just like all the $600 Alexander Wang dresses on the market. And think about all the ways you could wear this dress! You could layer it with a boyfriend cardigan for daytime, with a fab little trench, with some statement necklaces and killer pumps. It's so perfect. Don't even get me started on those pumps. Those are my dream pumps. I know basic black pumps aren't exactly dreaming big, but the patent leather and the platform sole totally make this shoe. This shoe is anything but boring, but could work with anything. And it's Christian Louboutin. How can you go wrong there?


Theory Maritza B Cardigan, $275 at shopbop.com, Frye Motorcycle Tote, $488 at shopbop.com, Madewell Wooly Checkered Scarf, $50 at shopbop.com: This cardigan is making my brain explode. It's like a boyfriend cardigan and a motorcycle jacket got together and had a baby, so you get all the edge of the jacket with all the coziness of the cardigan. It's so casually chic. The drama of the wide collar is very on trend, and it has a band across the back to hug the waist and give it shape. I die. I'm intrigued by this bag. I love Frye, so I'm predisposed to like all their stuff, and I like the vertical zipper detail on the body of the bag, but I think it should be balanced by a slouchier shape. And those ring handles are killing me. But I still kind of like the bag. I'm so confused. You guys know I'm a sucker for an over-sized scarf. The checkered print is a little kitschy and Americana, but the frayed, cheesecloth edges take it from retro to modern. The sheer, light fabric balances out the bulkiness of the scarf nicely, and how cute would it be to have the details of your top poking through the holes of the scarf? It would add so much visual interest to a basic outfit.


Image Sources:
Gryphon coat: nordstrom.com, T by Alexander Wang dress: shopbop.com, Christian Louboutin pumps: net-a-porter.com, Theory sweater: shopbop.com, Frye bag: shopbop.com, Madewell scarf: shopbop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails