Monday, August 31, 2009

Fashonista Files: The Sartorialist

Hi guys! So we've actually gained some new readers since the last time I posted so I'll reintroduce myself. My name's Maud in case any of you have forgotten. The reason for my epic delay in my share of the posting can be easily summed up in one word: college. I've been away now for awhile and things are finally (finally!) starting to cool down a bit. Between all the lectures (aka watching True Blood) and all the required meetings (aka hanging out with other kiddies) I've been swamped by all there is to do. It's crazy!

Anyways, back to business: something we don't usually (if ever) talk about - books. I don't know if you've noticed (or maybe it's just me?) that there has been an influx of fashion books lately. Maybe it has something to do with the steady decline of the magazine industry? I don't know. But seriously. This whole fashion bloggers etc. publishing books is not working for my poor little bank account. However, considering my need for fashion, I thought I'd give everyone the info on these babies. Let's start with someone both Megan and I enjoy: Scott Schuman aka The Sartorialist.

The cover is slightly unconventional, but of course cool none the less. Even though it's paperback, it still has a cover on it. How sweet is that? And underneath it's got this really sweet fluorescent orange color. Very fashionable yet classic at the same time. Now, nothing even slightly bad can be said about the photos. They're smart and capture the fashion world in a very effortless manner. My only beef with the book, and not that it's a big one, is that it's not laid out as well as I think it could have been. There are random stories that just kind of pop up out of nowhere every couple of pages. And while they add to what Scott wants to say, they kind of feel lackluster at certain moments. Not that most people actually read books like this anyway. I just like to give credit where it's do. So go buy the book on Amazon or head over to the blog: thesartorialist.blogspot.com today.

And I'll be coming back for the next few days with a new review, so don't miss out!



Image Sources: thesartorialist.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails