Thursday, August 20, 2009

FYI and Freeman's Pineapple Enzyme Mask

This is the calm before the storm, people. I leave for school next Sunday and basically have no computer/orientation for the following week. I'm going to try to stock up on some posts this weekend and next week, but if you don't see a post from me for a day or two, it's not because I don't love you anymore. It's because I collapsed from lack of sleep. Ok, I'm exaggerating, but you get the point.

camilla and marc Lotus Dress, $552 at shopbop.com, C & C California Neon Peace Tank, $58 at shopbop.com, Pelle Moda Jaron Platform Sandals, $170 at shopbop.com: This is such a me dress. There's something about that bad-ass ballerina look, with a fitted, corsety bodice and a pouffy, a-line skirt that just gets to me--it's the perfect mix of sweet and sassy. Plus, from the front it's a chic (if short) LBD, but there's a flashy gold zipper up the back that adds just a touch of edge. And it's a little Erin Fetherston, no? Yes, I'm the kind of cheeseball nerd that would so wear an oversized peace sign tank. The cut of the tank is a bit sport hipster, and the peace sign adds a sweet, hippietastic touch. No, it's not that versatile, but it would look adorable with shorts or jeans, and it's less than $60. Pelle Moda is seriously scoring with their heels. They've got $600 style for less than a third of the price. This is the kind of shoe I'd hate in black, but in light gray it's just the kind of bootie/sandal hybrid that I'd go for. There's a perfect balance between the criss-crossing straps and the heavier vamp and heel, and the slight texture variation in the platform and heel is so chic.


Freeman Pineapple Enzyme Mask, $3.99 at drugstore.com: I'm in love with this mask. I've been using it for about three weeks, and it's made a serious difference in my skin's look and texture.


There's really not much I can say about it. It's very straight forward. It's less than $4 for a big tube, which is a ridiculously awesome price for a naturally exfoliating mask. It uses pineapple enzymes to eat away at layers of dead skin on your face, so when you're removing the mask you're removing all those dull layers of skin. It smells just like a perfectly ripe pineapple, which of course I love, but the smell isn't overwhelming and doesn't linger long after the mask washes off. The texture is really nice, thick enough not to skin but thin enough to be easy to spread. It is a little grainy, but not so much to actually be exfoliating (which is a little annoying, but I'm willing to overlook it). What I do is squeeze out a quarter-sized dollop of the mask, spread it over dry, clean skin--staying far away from my eyes, and leave it on for 20-30 minutes (much longer than the recommended 5). I honestly couldn't feel any sort of tingling or burning when I applied this the first time, so I assumed it was a gentler exfoliator and left it on extra long. It's worked for me so far, so I'm going to keep doing it. The results I get from this mask are worth way more than $4. My skin takes a serious beating in the summer. The combination of dry L.A. heat, tons and tons of sunscreen, sweat, and dust all together usually completely clogs my pores by the end of August, but because of this mask my skin looks better than ever. It helps fade acne scars because it's taking off those top layers of skin, and it helps unclog pores at the same time, and it does all of that without drying out or irritating my skin. I'm going to have to look into Freeman now. I'm a total convert.

Image Sources:
Camilla and Marc dress: shopbop.com, C & C tank: shopbop.com, Pelle Moda heels: shopbop.com, Freeman mask: drugstore.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails