Friday, August 14, 2009

Press Tour Round-up: Sienna, Angelina, and Diane

I'm bored, so I decided to round-up a bunch of the press tour pics that I've been dying over lately. I mean, when you've got Sienna Miller, Angelina Jolie, and Diane Kruger all hitting the red carpet multiple times, you know you're in for some squeal-inducing, wallet shrinking awesomeness.

I'm kind of torn about Sienna Miller as a person and an actress, but I have to admit she does have serious style chops (and Twenty8Twelve is pretty badass). There were some definite misses on her G.I. Joe press tour, but I'm in a generous mood today, so I'm posting all my favorites. Yes, those pleated trousers aren't the world's most flattering pair of pants, but I really like the overall silhouette of the outfit, I'm pretty sure that's a Kain tank (automatic brownie points from me), and I love that awkwardly long and skinny scarf. It punches up the ensemble even though it's in a neutral palette. Even though that DVF dress in the middle makes Sienna look a little twee and mildly Rainbow Bright-tastic, I think it's really cute. The juxtaposition of the loose hair and the structured dress has a nice tension, the print is uniquely graphic and slightly '80s inspired, and I like the hem detail. I just wish she'd skipped the tights. They make her look even younger. This last outfit is my hands down favorite (even though she's def doing the Jennifer Aniston blow-out). The draping in the middle against the clean lines of the dress is lovely, and the bottle green cheetah/snake print? Delicious. And I even like the booties.


So it's a little old for her, but I like the idea of this floral dress. The tiny print and all those ruffles should be completely chaotic together, but in a light fabric they totally work. I like how the simple accessories keep the focus on the dress, and I love that Derek Lam bag. Now, when I heard that Angelina Jolie wore a black leather dress to the Inglorious Bastards premiere, I started screaming "FAIL" before the end of that sentence. I mean, Angelina is badass. Putting her in black leather is like making January Jones walk around in Marcel curls and hourglass dresses off-set. It's overkill. But somehow Angelina Jolie is pulling this off without making me want to vomit. I think it's the fact that her new, lighter locks open up her face perfectly, that she's wearing minimal makeup, and that the dress, while being made out of a hardcore material, has a decidedly classy cut with some lovely detailing. I mean, let's be honest, she still looks like a rockstar, but she looks classy at the same time (while doing a rock on hand gesture, no less). And just look at those shoes. Girl has style.


I like Diane Kruger. She has dubious taste in films, but she seems like a nice person to hang out with, and she has an adorable boyfriend and great taste in clothes (and she stepped on me at Dylan's Candy Bar in NYC when I was 12. I just had to throw that in there). From the front, I love this furry little dress. Yes, it's odd, and in any other cut it wouldn't work, but the minimalistic, classic lines of the dress counter the crazy, shiny, multi-color, tactile fabric perfectly. But from the back...it looks challenging, to say the least. How did she move without exposing her lady bits to the entire Perez Hilton reading world? Plus, I feel like that eyegrabbing back detail plus the insanity of that fabric is too much. If the dress was a simpler fabric or had a plain back, this would have been genius. At least she kept the hair and makeup to a minimum, and I love those shoes. This last look is much better. I mean, first of all, I have to give her props for pulling of that shade of nude. It's extremely, extremely nude! I'm 90% sure that dress is Herve Leger. but I like that the skirt has a soft a-line instead of their usual skintight cut. If it was entirely fitted it would have been too much skin with the nude. The subtle shimmer from the embellishment elevates the look, and I love how she glammed it up with the hair and makeup.


And I just had to post this shot from an upcoming Elle spread because Leighton Meester is rocking that black lipstick like I've never seen. It looks good on her, and I never thought I'd say that about black lipstick ever. I know those are extensions, but her hair is looking pretty covetable too. And don't even get me started on Ed Westwick.


Image Sources:
Sienna Miller pics: nymag.com, Diane Kruger pics: gofugyourself.com, Elle spread: cocoperez.com, First Angelina pic: celebridiot.com, Second Angelina pic: gofugyourself.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails