Thursday, June 24, 2010

Resort 2011, Loveliness, and Sparkles


OPI Swiss Collection, Holiday 2010: Not entirely sure what this OPI collection has to do with the Swiss, but metallic silver AND gold polishes?  Sign me up!  And that duochrome purple on the bottom row?  OMG.  I hate how OPI puts these teaser pics out so early and then makes me wait FOREVER for the prettiness.


Louis Vuitton Fall 2010 Campaign: I am so, so thrilled that Louis Vuitton went for the same, curvy aesthetic in its campaign as it did in the Fall runway show.  Love the consistency and love embracing of women's curves instead of pretending we all have the bodies of prepubescent 16  year olds.  On top of that, I really love how natural and easy these ads look.  Sometimes I feel like designers get so carried away with their artistic visions that they completely lose touch with reality.  These look like they could (almost, in a very chic alternate universe) actually happen.  The vanity lighting, the fit and flare cuts...these are definitely going on my walls.




Collette Dinnigan's new diffusion line: Collette Dinnigan is one of those designers whose stuff I've always liked but definitely never been able to afford.  But, thankfully, she's starting a diffusion line at a lower price that's chock-full of clothes that I basically want to live in.  I'm especially eyeing the black and white dresses.  You throw on a brown, men's belt with either of those and you have a complete outfit that's polished, but with a bit of a vintage, Yucatan peninsula feel.




Lanvin Resort 2011: Alber Envaz is basically one of my favorite people ever.  He is 100% adorable and omigosh his clothes.  I feel like he really does understand women and what we want to wear, and not in a sexualized way (sorry, Tom Ford).  A top with that much draped volume and a skirt that ruffly shouldn't work together at all, but somehow it manages to come across as flattering and glamorous instead of bulky.  I want that swimsuit.  WANT.  I love how he really does style everything like his models are these eccentric, almost Grey Gardens-esque women on vacation in Mexico.  A belt and necklaces over a one-piece?  Why not?!  Also loving the models that are as pale as I am.


Feel like getting married on that beach vacation?  Lanvin's got you covered.  That gown manages to strike the perfect balance between flowing and voluminous, but still flattering.  JUST LOOK AT ALBER PEEKING OUT FROM BEHIND THE RUNWAY.  While his models have a very chic dance party.  It's like an avalanche of ADORABLE.  I realize that's a lot of capital letters but it's just SO CUTE.  And I love how much color he uses in a season that's often full of neutrals.  Oh, and I love those shoes.  There's a lot of love today.


Image Sources:
OPI collection: alllacqueredup.com, Louis Vuitton campaign: nymag.com, Lanvin resort: style.com, Collette Dinnigan line: luckymag.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails