Saturday, June 19, 2010

End of Week Randomness

It's the end of the week.  My brain is ALLL over the place.  So this post is a little random.  But I think if you read this blog, you like random, so...


Philosophy Pineapple Coconut Shampoo/Shower Gel/Bubble Bath, $16 for 16 oz. at sephora.com, Burberry Sport EDT, $78 for 2.5 oz at sephora.com: They made the pineapple coconut shower gel in the big girl size.  This is a problem.  Now I need it instead of want it.  I was thinking about getting a LUSH shower gel, but they are SO expensive, and this is about the same price per ounce as an Olay shower gel, which is a good deal.  Has anyone tried this Burberry Sport EDT?  It sounds great in theory, with notes of mandarin, sea salt, vetiver, freesia, honeysuckle, and solar sand.  Doesn't it sound so beachy and tropical, but yet restrained?  I need to try this.  The bottle is a little too unisex for me, but if it smells as good as it sounds, I can deal.


Glitzy Glam Hot Pink and White Tumbler, $15 at glitzy-glam.com, One 'n Only Argan Oil Treatment, $8.99 for 3.4 oz at sallybeauty.com: So Glitzy Glam is run by the Fowler girls, who are YouTube beauty gurus.  It is mildly cheesy, but I kind of really want this tumbler.  It reminds me of the Starbucks cold drink tumblers that sell out immediately in store, but cuter!  You can get the polka dots in different colors and get your initial on the front.  It screws shut and has a hard straw, so this baby isn't spilling even if you drop it.  Which is a serious plus for me.  Don't be surprised if this makes a blog appearance.  As for the argan oil, I'm almost out of my current hair serum, so I've been looking in Morrocanoil.  I found out that it's basically just plain argan oil, which you can get on the serious cheaps.  This argan oil serum has great reviews, and I can pick it up at the local Sally Beauty that I just found out about! 

Alexis Bledel: How lovely is this makeup look on Alexis Bledel (miss Gilmore Girls so much).  It looks like she has a few coats of mascara, a dark purple liner in the waterline, a wash of medium purple across the lid, and a sparkly lavender around the eye.  To recreate this, I'd try MUFE Aqua Eyes Liner in 6L, a dark purple, with MAC's Shale across the lid, and then Urban Decay's shadow in 54 around the eyes.

Princess Victoria of Sweden: This is completely random, but it was on The Cut today, and it caught my attention.  Not only is this girl the Princess of Sweden, she gets to wear gowns like this to dinner parties (that have their own red carpets!) and have her fiance fan out her train for her.  Can I has that life?  K thanks.



Theory Taliana Dress, $445 at shopbop.com, BE & D Big Spring Tote, $1,285 at shopbop.com: I usually hate bubble hems.  I will do a complete 180 on how I feel about something if it has a bubble hem.  They remind me of diapers.  But this dress...the bubble hem is so subtle that I almost don't mind it, and the combination of the bright pink hue and classic shape and pleating...it's just perfect for anything summer.  I love this bag.  I don't understand the ring on each side, but the combination of the covered studs on the body of the bag and the chain handle with the neutral overall hue is genius.  It's rocker-chic, but versatile and easy to get a ton of wear out of.

MAC Venomous Villians, releases in September: So the details of the MAC Venomous Villians collection today.  OMG.  I'm absolutely loving it.  You guys can see the full details here, but I'm most excited about: all the Cruella de Vil eyeshadows, especially the copper, the Evil Queen Vainglorious eyeshadow (bronze burgundy? shut up!) and Bite of an Apple blush, and the Maleficent nail polishes.  The Dr. Facilier section seems like a bit of a cop-out, no?  It's mostly repromotes.  I feel like they could have done more with the packaging, maybe something a little more grown-up and elegant, but it's still adorable and I want it and will trek all the way out to the MAC store in Boston to get it.


Image Sources:
Philosophy shower gel: sephora.com, Burberry sport EDT: sephora.com, Glitzy Glam tumbler: glitzy-glam.com, One 'n Only argan oil: sallybeauty.com, Alexis Bledel: glamour.com, Princess Victoria: nymag.com, Theory dress: shopbop.com, BE & D bag: shopbop.com, MAC Venomous Villians: musingsofamuse.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails