Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Review: Victoria's Secret Dream Angels Heavenly Mist

I got this on Black Friday for free, and since I've worn it a handful of times since then I thought I'd better get around to reviewing it.  Now, I wouldn't normally buy perfume at Victoria's Secret.  Their perfumes scare me.  They remind me of the mall.  But I got this for free, so I thought I'd try it. 

The notes are vanilla oriental, quince, cardamom, white peony, freesia, white musk, sandalwood, vanilla, and it's $22 for 8.4 oz at victoriassecret.com.  What struck me first was the bottle.  It doesn't seem as tacky or out there as the usual Victoria's Secret perfumes--in fact, it's rather conservative.  As for the scent, it took me forever to figure out what this reminded me of.  It's Ralph Lauren Romance's cousin!

It's a bit muskier and more floral than Romance, but they are very similar: close to the skin, cozy, cashmere sweater-esque scents that have good lasting power and manage to combine musk, fruits, florals, and vanilla.  All in all it's a very feminine, delicate scent that's sweet but not cloying.  Kind of like your natural smell, but better.  For an EDT, the lasting power is very good, and for the price this is a total steal.

Awkward Chic rating: A-.  It's not the most original scent, but it's subtle and easy to wear, plus a great bargain.

Image from victoriassecret.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails